CD-60CE review by Fender

Fender: CD-60CE

This guitar sounds like a good Acoustic guitar should sound. Although the strings don't really bend that well, overall it plays very smooth. I play a variety of music styles, ranging from Green Day to Mumford And Sons, and sometimes a bit of Tenacious D. This guitar can be even more versatile when plugged into an amplifier, I can add some subtile effects like reverb and chorus to my clean sound.

This guitar matches my playing skills very well, and produces the sound I like to hear. I learned playing the guitar on my first electric guitar (Cort G210), and play as much electric guitar as I play acoustic. If this guitar would be stolen, I'd buy a new one for sure. I will soon start recording guitar covers and upload them to youtube, so this new guitar with built-in preamp comes in handy. I strongly recommend this guitar to other players, who like playing modern, Acoustic songs. It's a very nice guitar for its price, and I hope it lasts a long time.

I have bought this guitar just recently, so I can't really judge about its durability. And I don't perform on real stages (yet) so I can't say much about this. Due to Mumford And Sons songs played in different tunings, I regularly retune my guitar. The first set of strings that were already on the guitar snapped (G-string) after a few retunings. So I already had to buy a new set. I already mentioned the pick guard coming loose a bit, and my tuners being a bit wobbly.

This guitar is really great for the price I have paid. There are just a little minor flaws. Some of the string tuners are a bit wobbly, and my pick guard is just glued on the body so it got a bit loose. The guitar came with a set of strap buttons, so I can play la Mumford And Sons with a Fender strap I bought along with the guitar.

Manufactured in China. Bought in Late 2010. Originated from the regular CD60 guitar, this one has a nice cutaway for reaching the high-pitched notes. With a great Sunburst top, this guitar looks fabulous. This Acoustic guitar comes with a built-in pre-amp and tuner. I also received a guitar cable with it, but I don't use it because it looks too cheap :)

Taz19923
    I recently got a Fender CD60CE for Christmas, and I quite like the way it sounds, compared to my old one. My old one was a cheap Herald that I only bought so I could learn to play the guitar. Now I've got the hang of it, I find that my Fender is up for the job for the time being, until I feel a new guitar is needed. I also love how accurate the built-in tuner is. It makes tuning so much easier for me. All in all, I'm a satisfied customer!
    StringsnPlack
    It is a good guitar if you have already spent a year or 2 playing chords and fingerpicking on your cheaper guitar which must have got a strained neck now ..It is a good guitar to upgrade. Features : Available in black and sunburst,has a good quality tuner which is pretty accurate and makes tuning easier, has that wholesome sound with nice bass out of it when play around the low E and gives a rich sound when played down-strings.All in all a good guitar for the price of it. Yeah...I agree, the string that come with the guitar may not last too long...I have also got an high E replaced But all said and done, not a bad guitar to upgrade to at a decent price.Go for it !
    juan33
    it is an awsome guitar for its price it feels really smooth and sound just perfect mine came with the pickguard well pasted over the body and the tunning machines are ok , so i think it is just the guitar that you bought that had some problems
    jakel1996
    great sounding guitar and, in black, an absolute stunner as well. makes a great second guitar particularly at such a low price. pre-amp and electric feature all work well. i can only fault the string quality, broken string after only 3 hours of playing