CD-60CE review by Fender

Fender: CD-60CE

Purchased from: Bill's Music Store Peabody, MA

This Guitar suits my style amazingly. I play songs by The Beatles, Aerosmith, some country artists, Poison, etc. This Guitar makes it easy for me to quickly drop tune from a standard tuning to play, "Every Rose Has Its Thorn". I will sometimes plug it into my amp but I usually don't because it doesn't plug into the regular input plug. It plugs into the CD input plug that I need to use for my microphone. If I do plug it in, I keep the guitar's settings at half because it is really loud.

I mostly play the rock music from the 60's to now and this Fender CD-60CE Acoustic/Electric Guitar matches that sound perfectly. I have been playing guitar for almost 10 years now I started when I was 4 years old with and Epiphone Les Paul "Pee-Wee". And now I own in my line up an Epiphone G-400, a Squire by Fender Stratocaster, and the Fender CD-60CE. If my Fender was to be lost or stolen I would buy it again. The thing on Fender I love the most is the built-in tuner. I didn't compare it to any other acoustics because this is the one I wanted. Mainly because Fender is a trustworthy company and I was looking for an affordable acoustic/electric guitar.

I depend on this Fender CD-60CE and I do believe it can withstand a live performance. The Strap Buttons are solid and I would use it in a gig without a backup guitar. The finish to me is good enough to last because I have had it for a year now and it has not started to wear off yet. The Fishman electronics and the pickup seem like they will last.

My CD-60CE is perfectly set up. There were no flaws in the production of this guitar. The Fender had brand new Fishman technology electronics, Brand new strings because it has been tried out by other people, and the bridge was alined perfectly. And I just love the quality of this guitar.

When purchased it included - A Hard Shell Case - Tools to Replace Strings - My choice of a strap (A Leather "With the Beatles" Strap) - 1, 4 foot Cable - Equipped with Fishman electronics (Built-in Tuner and knobs) - It also included a backup tuner incase the built-in one broke.

Scepanovich
    This is a nice guitar. I love it with extra light strings. Nice and bright without being harsh!
    kika0909
    I have one... Use it for all kinds of music... But most of the times i use it for our national music... We in Slovenia play "Folk" music a lot... in our language... Narodna muzika... All I can say is, that for that price.. Well done
    KarimRaymone
    Hey, i tried this guitar out in the store and have to say i love the sound and i love playing it. but i currently own a fender stratacoustic. Its a good guitar and i mainly bought it becausw it's sort of the best of both worlds with it bring a versataille electric plugged in and good acoustic. But now im thinking of trading it for the cd60ce. So does it sound good plugged in with overdrive?