CD-60CE review by Fender

Fender: CD-60CE

Purchased from: Mark's Music

My Fender CD-60CE was made in 2016 I believe in Mexico, it is a 20 fret guitar made of laminated mahogany on the top and sides. The body style is that of a cutaway body appears to have a satin finish. The guitar is an acoustic-electric set up with a Fishman Brand pickup. The pickup has a volume, treble, and middle controls. As well the Fishman pickup has a built in tuner. Not sure if the electronics are active or passive. The guitar aisles came with a nice hardshell case which protects it very well, being well padded inside.

The guitar suits my style well I'm not sure how to describe my style but the guitar definitely suits me well. With this guitar I use a Fishman Loudbox Mini amplifier to match the brand of the pickup, no effects needed with this combo. Depending on the strings used it can vary between a full bright sound. No matter what strings are used I feel I can always get a full rich sound out of this guitar. I tend to keep the pickup up settings right in the middle maybe add a little extra on the bass. Overall the guitar has a bright sound to it and fits very well with my style.

I believe the guitar is set up very well, the bridge is the perfect width so chord changes are very easy. The pickup system was well set up no problems whatsoever, turner is very accurate as well. All the hardware was perfectly aligned and were not loose at all. The controls were all in good conditions and firm. No appearance of rust on the hardware and the wood appears to be well fit together all the joints being tight. For sure my Fender was flawless right from the start no problems at all. From the hardware to the pickup system there were no flaws to be found. Great guitar for the price.

I have had this guitar almost a year now and every seems to be solid from the finish to the hardware. One of the strap buttons is silver and the other is painted white which isn't a big deal just wished they matched, they are however as solid as one can desire. I not sure I would go as far as to say I wouldn't keep a backup at a gig (then again I would not matter what guitar I had) but I feel I can rely on this guitar. As far as I can tell I believe this guitar will last a long time with proper care.

I play a Christian/country style music which this suits that well. I have been playing guitar for about 7 years this is the first guitar I have needed to buy since my starter guitar lasted me well (not being able to afford a better guitar yet). If there were one thing I wished I had asked about this guitar before buying it, I would have asked if it were laminated or not. I personally would have preferred solid wood but this sound amazing for a laminated wood guitar, would definitely buy this again if mine were stolen. Love the way it looks and how it sounds, only thing I hate about it is that it is made of laminated wood which I didn't find out till a month later. I compared this to a standard Fender CD-60 the music store had and compared it to a low end Epiphone and this sounded better than both, other than the material it's made out of wouldn't change a thing about this guitar.