CG-24SCE Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 03/15/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Fender: CG-24SCE
More traditional, but still comfortable to electric and acoustic guitarists, the CG-24SCE features a solid cedar top, ovangkal back and sides, nato neck, and an onboard preamp/pickup system. Easy to play, and sounds great both plugged in and acoustic!
 8.3
 9.2
 7.4
 3,721
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
CG-24SCE Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 15, 2005

Purchased from: Fender authorized store

Features: It was made in China. It has twenty frets unfortuanately thin frets with a solid top. The neck is made of rosewood with an eebony finger board. Back and sides are beutiful ovangkul and it has a Cedar top. The neck has an extremely fast satin finsih and the rest of the body has a clear finish. For a classical guitar, this neck is extremely thin in terms of the fretboard, the body is a grand auditorium with a cut away till the 15th fret. It contains a Fender AAC-PRO 3 band EQ with a volume control. THe tuners are the typical classical guitar tuners and are very sensitive compared to my other guitars. I wish it had a built in tuner. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of Spanish music mixed in with lead guitar/blue and rock. This guitar suits my style quiet well. I use it with a cheap Ausitn amp (nastiest thing ever) and despite the amp it still sounds good. This guitar has a very very deep resonant sound and has great bass and mids with a nice twang to the highs. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action (for a classical) is incredible! The only problem though is when strikeing the e on the d string, a smal vibration comes from the electronics that can be heard when the room is very quiet. Besides that the guitar is just beautiful. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will defenitely stand live playing and will last a long time. For a gig I wouldn't depend on a backup, nad the finish is great. // 10

Overall Impression: Once again, I play Spanish with a twist of almost everything. This guitar matches my needalmost perefectly. I have been playing for a year now and I am a very advanced classical muscian and a intermediate lead guitarist. I own a Yamaha acoustic guitar (best value for the money I have ever played, it sounds so good). Very soon I plan on buying a Rocktron Replitone amp with the midi mate that goes with it. I love the feel and the sound of this guitar. Sometimes, when playing alone, the buzz from the EQ bothers me. I wish it had a built in tuner. If it got loast/stolen I wouldn't hesitate to buy it again. I compared it to 11 other guitars and I just could put down the incredible feel and its resonant sound (I went to the shop to play it 9 times before I bought it). // 10

Comments