DG-10CE review by Fender

Fender: DG-10CE

This was the first acoustic that I've ever played, and the first one that I've owned and it still suits me pretty well. I can easily emit music from it that doesn't irritate everybody who hears it, per se. But there have been moments when I've wondered if all acoustics sound as bad, but that doesn't happen very often. It usually works pretty well.

Overall, this guitar is a good guitar, but it isn't the best. If it were lost or stolen, I doubt I'd buy the same model because there are better ones out there. But on the other hand, I hope it doesn't get lost or stolen because it has played well and it was the guitar that I used to start playing in the first place. It's a good guitar and I'll keep playing with it (not exclusively, though) probably until it breaks in half, which I doubt will happen.

I've played Live with this guitar a lot, and it's never caused me any problems. I've used it without backup for a long time, and I don't see that changing in the near future. Everything is pretty solid and I've never had any huge problems with it. I've also dropped it a few too many times and it's still works and looks fine.

This is where the primary problem comes in. The guitar isn't put together poorly, it's actually a pretty sturdy guitar (somebody actually commented on how well the body of the guitar is made), but the second fret of the high e string buzzes a lot. At first I thought it might have been strings, so I changed them, and the buzzing decreased dramatically, but it was still there. I don't have that problem with any other fret on the guitar. This isn't usually the biggest problem, but sometimes, especially when arpeggiating the D chord, it can become a slight problem (but it can usually be avoided by playing a little softer than usual).

I haven't really studied guitar features in depth, so this is a pretty broad overview. It's an acoustic-electric Fender guitar made in Korea. It has 20 frets, a volume and a tone control. The back, along with the sides, are mahogany and the fingerboard and bridge are both made of rosewood.

John Five Eagle
    I do have a couple of things to report about the guitar. First things first. I am a jazz drummer and I use the guitar for composing music and just enjoying playing it. With that having been said my first is a tale of woe becoming whoah. My wife had bought the guitar from a Tennessee country performer who got stuck in town and needed emergency funds to get out of Dodge fast. So she gave him $400 and said goodbye. When I saw what she paid such a high price for I almost had a kid and I started to play it and all that dropped away. I am going to tell you that guitar played as well as my Larrivee $1200 guitar. I know it sounds crazy but it does. It almost sounds as nice. Almost by a very small fraction. But my guy at Long and McQuad told me the guitar retails for around $225. I guess I will buy another one as I fell and slipped on the guitar. Bad scene. Broke it's back but it still plays and sounds very good. No hum or ring from the crack. I would actually recommend this guitar as it's price is reasonable and it plays well and it is a guitar that would grow up with a new player and since it has a plug for an amp it could be extended to group music and solo shows.
    topgun1226
    This is my preferred acoustic out of the few I own. I think my next purchase would actually be a mid-level Stratocaster rather than replacing this acoustic (for now...)
    Swivelman21
    Maybe a performer shouldn't relate audience response to the specific model of their instrument. That's a first for me.