DG-11E review by Fender

Fender: DG-11E

Unplugged, this guitar make a really beautiful sound. It is very warm and resonnates very well. The pickup on the other hand could be much better. When plugged this guitar loses it's warmn and has a very crispy metallic sound, specially on the higher notes. As far as variety goes, this guitar can play anything you can and was a good guitar for me to learn on.

I play alternative acoustic rock and classics. I've only been playing for about 2 1/2 years and this guitar has been with me the entire time. This is a great beginner's guitar or a great layback guitar. I'm now more knowledgeable of guitars so my next one will be a level up from the DG-11E, but if you are looking to start to learn or a guitar to simply have fun with this is your guitar.

I've been playing with this guitar for about 2 1/2 years now. It's suffered some incredible accidents and yet it still sounds wonderfull unplugged. This is one rugged guitar and mine has the scars to prove it. The finish is very durable if you maintain it from time to time.

I wasn't a big fan of the action when I first got it. This guitar was the one I started to play on, so like all beginners holding those strings down were painful. However, after I got some knowledge and played other guitars I realized the strings were too far from the fretboard. So I made some modifications and lowered the neck guide and bridge to bring the strings closer and the guitar became much better to play. I didnt get any buzzing sound from my E string and it still sounds great.

I got my DG-11E as my first guitar in 2000. Made in Korea with 20 frets and laminated top. I like the reflective black finish on it, overall the guitar looks good. Rather country IMO. It's got a pickup and volume/tone control. The tuners do a good job of holding a tune. I added a strap button to the neck with glue so I wouldnt have to tie the strap to the neck.