DG-11E review by Fender

Fender: DG-11E

I like to play a lot of acoustic music and so far I have not been let down. I haven't ran it through and amp yet and really don't think I am going to. The sound is full and rich. The action is set kind of high, but I don't plan on adjusting that until I get better and retrain my fore arm muscles to play again.

I like to play everything so this set up works well for me. I played for about 5 years and took 10 years off, now that I have this guitar, I am wondering how I lived without it. If it was stolen I would buy another one, no disappointments. I compared it with other guitars in my price range, ($200 - $400) and this one by far is the best in the price range, just my opinion.

I don't stand up and walk around to play, so the lack of a front strap button doesn't bother me at all. I am not a professional musician, I just play for fun and I see this guitar having a long life and reliability for its future.

The action is a little high, haven't ran it through an amp so I don't know how the pick ups are, strings seem quality. I am really impressed that it doesn't come out of tune at all.

As I am getting back into playing the guitar, I decided I need one first. I have always like Fender acoustic guitars and picked up th DG-11E. Guitar Center was having a blow out sale, so I got the guitar, gig bag, stand, tuner and 24 picks for $260 out the door. When I got home and opened the box, I was kind of disappointed that the two way tape holding the wires from the volume control to the cable port had come loose and flopped around inside the guitar. But for the price I paid, I can fix it myself.