DG-14SCE review by Fender

Fender: DG-14SCE

Purchased from: Sherwood Music

This guitar suits pretty much all I play. I play everything from Skynyrd to Disturbed. I am using a Peavey KB-1 amp right now, and it wounds wonder full with my guitar. The guitar does have a bit of noise when playign with the amp turned up, but it's nothing very noticable.

This guitar is amazing. All types of music sound good on it, it will withstand almost anything. If it were stolen I would definatly buy another one althought I would prolly hunt the person down. The only thing I have to say bad about this guitar is that: Buy a set of wouldnt bridge pins fo rit. The onses that come wiht it suck. Other then that This is a great guitar that is well worth the money for anyone looking for a new acoustic.

This guitar is ammazing. It was withstood me wailing away on it with a stainless steel pick, to falling over in the case without an damage. The strap pin was a little hard to get the strap over, but it is very secure. Over the past few months, the finish hasn't changed at all except for where I hit a door knob with it. It was will stand almost all playing environments.

It was wonderfully set up when I got it. Everything was perfect. Except for the bridge pins. They snapped when I tried to change my strings for the first time. Everythign fit perfectally.

This Chinese made guitar has 20 frets. It has a solid sprue top with a gloss polyurethane finish. The neck is made of nato, fretboard of rose wood, and the sides and back are of laminated maple. It has an active Fishman 4 Classic preamp with bass, middle, treb, and billiance control. I'm not sure what kind of tuners are on it, but they stay intune almost all of the time.

Baruch
    I had the DG20CE, and found that custom set of strings with thicker low strings and thinner high strings helped to balance this guitar out a bit.
    Nor'Easterbass
    I bought a Fender Acoustic, never got the model number from the store, but I think it was this one. Except mine has 22 frets I believe. Definitely a good buy on my part and since i
    Nor'Easterbass
    Bought this guitar as my first acoustic and I must say I'm very pleased with it. Done lots of recordings with it and they all sounds great. The action was off when I first got it (still kinda is) but I have no other qualms with the guitar.
    the fendernator
    I bought it for 150 a few years ago. It sounds great through an amp and the action is good. Sounds great with a plectrum, but I wouldn't advise finger picking. I'm just about to sell it. I reckon 80 reserve.
    curtbob
    Wouldn't advise finger pickin'? I do. I handled one @ Guitar Center a while back. Maybe it was just me, but it lacked a balanced sound strummed-- lacked bass when strummed, but maybe that'll change as w/ time as it ages. It sounded pretty when finger picked though.
    EricaLaidlaw
    I have had one of these guitars for years now and love it. It has taken right through learning to play to doing Gigs and sounds great through amps and PA's. I would recommend one to anybody. I give mine heaps, Play it soft or hard, strum of finger picking. Sounds great.