DG-14SCE Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 04/04/2005 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Fender: DG-14SCE
The DG-14SCE is a 6 string dreadnought guitar with soft cutaway, maple back and sides, solid spruce top, onboard preamp and pickup system.
 8.9
 8.8
 7,720
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
DG-14SCE Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 04, 2005

Purchased from: Sherwood Music

Features: This Chinese made guitar has 20 frets. It has a solid sprue top with a gloss polyurethane finish. The neck is made of nato, fretboard of rose wood, and the sides and back are of laminated maple. It has an active Fishman 4 Classic preamp with bass, middle, treb, and billiance control. I'm not sure what kind of tuners are on it, but they stay intune almost all of the time. // 8

Sound: This guitar suits pretty much all I play. I play everything from Skynyrd to Disturbed. I am using a Peavey KB-1 amp right now, and it wounds wonder full with my guitar. The guitar does have a bit of noise when playign with the amp turned up, but it's nothing very noticable. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It was wonderfully set up when I got it. Everything was perfect. Except for the bridge pins. They snapped when I tried to change my strings for the first time. Everythign fit perfectally. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is ammazing. It was withstood me wailing away on it with a stainless steel pick, to falling over in the case without an damage. The strap pin was a little hard to get the strap over, but it is very secure. Over the past few months, the finish hasn't changed at all except for where I hit a door knob with it. It was will stand almost all playing environments. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is amazing. All types of music sound good on it, it will withstand almost anything. If it were stolen I would definatly buy another one althought I would prolly hunt the person down. The only thing I have to say bad about this guitar is that: Buy a set of wouldnt bridge pins fo rit. The onses that come wiht it suck. Other then that This is a great guitar that is well worth the money for anyone looking for a new acoustic. // 10

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ American Standard Stratocaster 8.4 Electric Guitars 01/21/2016