DG-16E-12 review by Fender

Fender: DG-16E-12

Purchased from: Sam Ash

This guitar is ideal for all types of music. I use a Fender DeVille with the 4 10's. And it complements the tone beautifully. It plays great through the amp. It has a very brite sound. It also sounds good alone and is a very powerful guitar.

I have been playing for some years now and I have become somewhat of a guitar efficionado. This gutiar is able to be played for any style of music. I also use guitars such as a Gibson Les Paul Studio, a '67 Gibson Hummingbird, Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Fender '50s Reissue Telecaster with custom, Vintage seymour duncan pickups, a Martin Dx-1, and a baby Taylor for vacations. As well as a 2 Fender DeVille amps, and a Crate Vintage 30 amp and Fender Frontman 15 as well as a few effects. If this 12 string was lost or stolen I would deffinatly buy another one. I love the way it looks and the sound. It has a nice rich sound, although a few of them have a bit of a tinny sound. I compared this to every other 12 string under 1,000 dollars and for the price this was the best one.

Yes deffinatly, it sounds great once plugged into an amp and can be used for unplugged gigs too. I depend on this guitar when playing acoustic songs at gigs and is completly reliable.

The action is great, I have compared this to other gutiars such as a 700 dollar Taylor 12 string guitar and this played 2 times better. I have not found a single flaw except a drip of paint which dried on the side.

The Fender DG-16E acoustic-electric 12 string is probably the best 12 string under 700 dollars next to the Alvarez and Ovations. It was made in Korea, which is a little upsetting but it makes up for it. It has 20 Frets. The neck is a little fat but to hold 12 strings it is deff needed. The neck is mahogany. It has a laminated spruce top and laminated rosewood sides and back. It comes in a natural and black finishes. It was introduced in 1999 and has a beautiful drednought body. It has a rosewood bridge. The electronics are Fender On-Board Active Preamp with Piezo pickup, volume control, 3-band EQ. It has die-cast chrome tuners. And some of its special features include snowflake position inlays, inlaid pearl headstock logo, black pickguard, wood mosaic on the back center,compensated TUSQ nut and saddle.

rob.e8you
    I've got one and I love it. I bought mine for $200 from a guy off Craigslist. Only thing, I bought strings and let Them put em on, Evidently he Didn't Stretch the strings, Cause I can't keep it tuned. . Gotta go get more and put em on my self.
    mrrockandroll11
    I bought one of these new back in 2000 and am still loving it and playing it all the time. It has a nice full sound even as an acoustic, and there's a full range of sounds and tones available when you plug it in thanks to the 3-band EQ. I have decent Fender and Gibson electrics, but this is my only 12-string and it's actually my primary acoustic guitar all around. I've kept it in standard tuning for years and it's held up just fine. The only negative thing I'd be able to say about this guitar is that the input jack is simply mounted to the body with no real hardware around it to help secure it, and to make things worse it's located on the side near the bottom of the body, which really blows. I had a few minor accidents with mine until the inevitable happened and the input jack eventually broke through and left a small but nasty hole on the side. A local shop added a decent input cover to both repair and improve it and it's been holding up just fine ever since. I've really played a lot of 12-string over the last 10-15 years on this thing and I think I've become a better guitar player because of it (since 12's are naturally a bit more difficult to play). I've been looking at maybe picking up a nicer 12-string at some point, but I have to say that even though they sound beautiful and naturally are more full and bright than this mid-priced Korean-made Fender, most of the others I've tried don't necessarily sound that much better. There's obviously a lot of difference between this guitar and newer finely crafted 12-string Martin or Taylor, but seeing as one of those will set you back at least $1200-1500 then I'd have to say that this one is definitely an excellent value for the money and really a great acoustic/electric 12-string all around (I think I paid around $400-500 for it in '00).
    stinky666
    I sold mine a few years back then FENDER made its replacement in China. I wish I still had that bad boy. I could tear james talor a new pie hole on that lightning fast neck. What a great guitar. I disagree on the posters comments about its country of origin. Koreans make EXCELENT strringed instruments. They are actual craftsmen unlike mexico and china. Luthiers go back thousands of years there. It is an art.