DG-22S review by Fender

Fender: DG-22S

I play a wide variety of music, and this guitar can do it all. I will be playing with friends and mine definitely is the loudest without even hammering on. The sound is great except the 6th string (e) buzzes and pings alot.

I'd rate this an overall 4 because giving a 5 is being a bit concited, but o well. I've been playing for 5 years and I also own a Fender Strat and a Hoyer jazz guitar, I plan on buying another acoustic to mess around with so that this one can stay in its mint condition.

It'll definitely live up to my expectations and more, a finely crafted Fender that I would be devistated if anything happened to it.

The guitar was set up just fine, a little tunning here and there and everything sounded great.

About a year ago I bought a Fender DG22, it's red with gold machine heads, and in excellent condition. I spent a couple of times in the shop looking for the right testing out Gibson, Dean's and others, this one stuck out the most. One thing I have noticed, many maybe all Fender acoustics have only one strap button...why is that?

jeffo46
    I just bought one today on E-Bay for only 80 bucks. I can't wait for it to get here.
    frusciante_fan!
    I have this guitar and its absolutly awesome. the only complaint i have is that my tuners have gone all rough and dont look as shiny as they once were but thats hardly a defect!
    Zeppelin_31
    I really wanted this guitar, but the frikken guitar shop stopped carrying Fender. I was so pissed of...
    WillsonPickett
    I love mine. I got it for my 21st Bday some 13 years ago. It is still playing great - few dints over the years, but the play is as good as when I first got it. I've got quite a few guitars now, but this still the acoustic that I play the most often at home, and also the one I take to play out and about (from camping to jamming). I really can't recommend this enough if you're looking to buy one. It's the one guitar I have that I would never sell.
    spmaxx
    I have a DG 22s RDB and when i bought it I was looking at another type but I went around the corner and it was like it just jumped out at me.I bought it from a pawn shop for $250.00 and really was not sure that I got a good deal but it felt real good in my hand and sounded great to me.It is the guitar I am currently learning how to play on now after always wanting to to how to play the guitar so I think I got the best one for the job now.It has got a home from now on.I went to you tube to find another DG 22s but only found one with LR Baggs on it and will never add that to my guitar ever.I just hope I can learn to play on this guitar which I think it will do just fine it is very easy to play.So for those that have a DG 22s happy playing.