DG-22S Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 04/20/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Fender: DG-22S
Solid Spruce Top. Rosewood Fingerboard. Nato Neck. Rosewood Bridge. Gold, (Die-Cast) Machine Heads. Dreadnought Body Style. 20 Frets.
 8.1
 8.8
 7.4
 6,592
review (1) 4 comments vote for this gear:
DG-22S Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 20, 2004

Features: About a year ago I bought a Fender DG22, it's red with gold machine heads, and in excellent condition. I spent a couple of times in the shop looking for the right testing out Gibson, Dean's and others, this one stuck out the most. One thing I have noticed, many maybe all Fender acoustics have only one strap button...why is that? // 10

Sound: I play a wide variety of music, and this guitar can do it all. I will be playing with friends and mine definitely is the loudest without even hammering on. The sound is great except the 6th string (e) buzzes and pings alot. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up just fine, a little tunning here and there and everything sounded great. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It'll definitely live up to my expectations and more, a finely crafted Fender that I would be devistated if anything happened to it. // 10

Overall Impression: I'd rate this an overall 4 because giving a 5 is being a bit concited, but o well. I've been playing for 5 years and I also own a Fender Strat and a Hoyer jazz guitar, I plan on buying another acoustic to mess around with so that this one can stay in its mint condition. // 8

More Fender reviews rating category latest review
+ American Standard Stratocaster 8.4 Electric Guitars 01/21/2016