DG-4TS review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat

Purchased from: Friend

Its got quite a nice rich, warm sound, not as tinny as my friend's Yamaha.

As much as I like the warm sound and everything, this is not a good beginners guitar because the strings are so high. Maybe it wouldn't matter to a more experienced player, but I find it affects my playing and I'd definately choose a different one if I had the chance.

Despite a few knocks it still sounds pretty good and has a nice solid body.

One thing that has really held me back on this guitar is that the strings are too far away from the fretboard. Its so damn annoying cos I have to work so hard to play one damn barre chord. Another thing is that the E string has fret buzz which hacks me off.

My friend purchased it a couple of years ago, never used it so I bought it off her about a year and a half ago. Not much to say...It was made in Indonesia, 21 frets, comfortable neck. Really nice finish, a lovely dark sunburst.

·razorblade·
    ansd about that string heigt, i thin it would be good for a beginners guitar, if s\the stringsare hi, it makes it harder to play, and ig u learn on a difficult guitaer to play, then when u get better youll realize how much better u are on a guitar with lower strings and it wil become even more fun jammin' =D
    guest124
    I am with razorblade on that, I had an ashton with a stupid high action that i learnt on, then I played on a friend of mine's takamine and was amazed at actually how good I had gotten so stick at it mate