DG-4TS Review

manufacturer: Fender date: 11/06/2003 category: Acoustic Guitars

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

descr
 5.1
 6.4
 3.7
 6,015
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
DG-4TS Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 06, 2003

Purchased from: Friend

Features: My friend purchased it a couple of years ago, never used it so I bought it off her about a year and a half ago. Not much to say...It was made in Indonesia, 21 frets, comfortable neck. Really nice finish, a lovely dark sunburst. // 8

Sound: Its got quite a nice rich, warm sound, not as tinny as my friend's Yamaha. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: One thing that has really held me back on this guitar is that the strings are too far away from the fretboard. Its so damn annoying cos I have to work so hard to play one damn barre chord. Another thing is that the E string has fret buzz which hacks me off. // 4

Reliability & Durability: Despite a few knocks it still sounds pretty good and has a nice solid body. // 8

Overall Impression: As much as I like the warm sound and everything, this is not a good beginners guitar because the strings are so high. Maybe it wouldn't matter to a more experienced player, but I find it affects my playing and I'd definately choose a different one if I had the chance. // 4

Comments