DG-8S review by Fender

Fender: DG-8S

Purchased from: MJ's Music

I think that this guitar suits me, I have only been playing for around 3/4 of a year but already can play pretty good (according to friends who also play guitar) I normally play grunge/punk tunes but with the acoustic I play some other styles of music like Indie, but on the acoustic. I think that the guitar has a nice sound to it, abit heavy and 'compressed' but other than that its a nice sound. The only thing I have to complain about is the low E string always has a buzz on it, which can get really annoying, but a trip to the local guitar shop can get tat sorted out (I just haven't done that).

Overall I think that this guitar is very good value for the money that it costs, I think it will probably be aimed at the beginner to intermediate players. I have been playing for around 3/4 of a year, yet most of my friends that have been playing for over 3 years say that I play pretty good. I own a Yamaha Pacifica, this guitar and a small amp that came with the Yamaha. If this was stole again I would definatly reconsider buying this again, I would probably look around for any new guitars too, but this guitar is definatly up on the list. The only thing I can think of that will make it better is for its low E string to stop buzzing, but once again that can be sorted quickly.

I think that this guitar will definatly withstand live playing, I play this guitar most days for hours on end and there is no sign of it ever being used really. I admit im not very careful with my guitars and have a tendency to knock of bash them abit, either that or my sister does that for me, but even from the knocks and bangs the guitar still seems to be fine and has no damage to the finish. The strap buttons are plastic, which is pretty bad, but saying that they haven't broken since I have had it, and i use it mostly standing up with the strap.

I think the action is slightly high (like most acoustics) as im used to an electric guitar but I have grown to be used to it, in the future I may have them slightly lowered. When I got it from the guitar shop it was out of tune and i had abit of difficulty getting it in to tune, but I found it right eventually and now it hardly every needs tuning. This acoustic looks like the rest of the Fender Dg series (acoustic).

I'm not absolutely sure what year it was made, but I got it 2003 Christmas, first hand, so it was probably 2003. This was made in china and ahs 20 frets. It has solid top and has a genuine satin finished mahogany body and a rosewood neck. The body is dreadnought and has a normal neck with normal frets.