DG-8S review by Fender

• Reviewer's score: 4.6 Poor
Fender: DG-8S

Purchased from: Florida Discount Music

Sound is OK for a beginner guitar.

I am a novice, and just taking lessons. I would never have bought this guitar knowing what I know about it now. I saw an Alverez that I should have gotten, now I have a bad case of buyers remorse. The guitar looks cheap, if you take a very close look at it you can see several flaws that I had mentioned earlier. Having said all this. I would say that for a beginner guitar its a step over department store junk. The gig bag that comes with it is flimsy and in time will rip. It has very little padding. The tuner is OK, but there are better on the market for not that much money. The strap is useless and I would not use it at all. The intro CD that comes with it, is really very basic. I am at a loss as to why this product has gotten so many good review. I just can't understand it...

Since I just got this guitar Its difficult to answer these questions. However, I will say that only time can answer these questions. If I had to respond I would reply in the negative.

This guitar action was a bit high on the lower frets. The upper ones were just fine. Will play it a while and see just how the adjustments have to be made.' The guitar has several flaws around the frets. Some worker missed placed the no 12 fret location dots on on fret 13, then of course corrected it. However, you can see 2 very small marks on fret 13. The stain on the neck is sloppy.

Fender GS8 s made in China. Natural finish traditional style Dreadnought. Natural look. Comes with gig bag, tuner, strap, CD, steel strings. This model comes with a wood front. 20 frets.