DG-8S review by Fender

Fender: DG-8S

The sound is excellent but I have to re-tune it every time I play it.

I play classic rock with it and play somewhere between beginner and intermediate. I tried Taylor and Martin acoustic models and this sounded every bit as good as they did. I chose the Fender DG8S because it was so well put together and came with the other gear in the package deal.

I don't play it live but play it daily and it looks as good today as when I bought it.

The finish is great and put together well.

I bought this package two months ago in 2011 and I love it. The fit and finish is excellent and the sound is great. I tried many different models in the acoustic room and thought it sounded as good as others costing hundreds more. I did end up putting a new set of strings on it as the ones that came on it were cheap and not flexible enough. I have not had the problem with the low E buzz others have reported so perhaps they have solved it or I got lucky to get one without it. I play it daily and expect it will last for years. I would definitely buy it again!

Losvirago
    Paid 87.00 on auction. Traveled from California to Michigan in cardboard box after unknown time at wherever it was stashed for auction. Camer out with fat E very slightly flat. All other strings in tune perfect! I love the sound. I think the slightly high action keeps the tones clear and ringing. Wife doesn't understand why I play it more than the $550 Washburn. Sound over playability.
    randymorehouse
    Price Paid: $250 (Craigslist) Model DG8S-NAT. I absolutely love this guitar! I am an amateur player, but this absolutely meets my needs. It is much better than the entry level Fender guitars (available at Best Buy, Target and elsewhere) and so much better than even more expensive off-brand guitars too.
    relayer1
    If the action is high or the e string buzzes, adjust the thing! It doesn't take a brain surgeon. The only real question with these is how does it stack up against the Yamaha 800, it's major competition? The 800 is sitka spruce and this is Engelmann. The 800 has more bass, but this is still a really good sounding guitar. But in the battle of $200 guitars, I think the Yamaha edges this one out.
    eggybaby
    Price Paid: $50.00 Model DG8S-NAT. Was listed for $70 on Craigslist, he took $50. Needed an over-haul, but cleaned up good as new. I was worried after i bought it that is was a student guitar. Plays/Sounds great. The neck isn't as wide as my Washburn acoustic.