Price paid: £ 280
Purchased from: Kendall Guitars
Features: Made in China in 2012 this is a limited edition Artist Signature acoustic.
- 20 frets with a 25.3" scale.
- Maple neck with rosewood fretboard and a strat shaped headstock.
- Solid spruce top with laminated mahogany back ands sides.
- The finish is a custom graphic designed by Duane Peters with a really distinctive checkerboard headstock.
- Single cutaway dreadnought body.
- Fender Viking Rosewood bridge with a bone compensated saddle.
- Fishman ISYS III system with active on-board pre-amp and tuner.
- Controls are volume, bass, mid, treble and a low battery indicator light.
- Non-locking Fender tuners.
- This didn't come with any accessories. // 7
Sound: I mainly play punk and it's very rare that I use an acoustic however I wanted to have something I could depend upon should I need one. So far so good, I've plugged it straight into a PA and through a Fender Acoustasonic (I think) in a shop. Everything sounds pleasant and acousticly as it should! Very rich tone but doesn't get too bassy or bright. It's one of those rare breeds that just sounds "right". // 7
Action, Fit & Finish: Factory set-up was really good. Action was spot on, not as low as an electric but not too high that you snap your wrists trying to fret a note. Everything looked perfect except where the neck and body joined where there was a slight build up of finish. Also a slight scuff mark on the fretboard but nothing really noticeable. // 8
Reliability & Durability: Although I haven't gigged it yet I'm confident that it would stand up to live use without a backup. All the hardware seems solid, no tuning issues and the strap buttons seem like they'll do the job nicely. Like most guitars these days the finish will last for a while which is just aswell, only 500 worldwide so it wouldn't be easy to replace! // 8
Overall Impression: As stated earlier I play alot of punk music and this fits perfectly. Those of you familiar with Duane Peters will have heard his band U.S. Bombs. I've been playing 5 years now and own several electric guitars, Marshall Vintage Modern combo and a decent selection of pedals so figured it was time to get a nice acoustic. This was a special order item so wasn't compared to anything else however I think it's almost identical to other Sonoran models. I would've liked to get a gigbag at least with it but they aren't ridiculously expensive so it's not the end of the world. // 8