GA-45S review by Fender

Fender: GA-45S

Purchased from: Garret Park Guitars

I like playing everything from blues to metal to country (ok, mostly just Johnny Cash when it comes to country). Being an acoustic I haven't tried to put it through the paces of metal, but for blues, jazz, country, folk, etc. this guitar does quite nicely. I've only played it through an amp once and it sounded phenomenal. The only effects I've tried were a little chorus and reverb the one time I played through an amp, and it just added a completely different dimension to the sound. It's got a nice full sound that I haven't found in other guitars in the same price range.

This is an amazing guitar, and if it were stolen, I'd find the shit stain that took it and beat HIM to a pulp. Then I'd go buy another one. Like I said, I have no complaints at all about this guitar. It's a great instrument for the money and one that I think a guitarist of any level would appreciate having in their collection.

I haven't played this guitar out yet, but I have a feeling that it will hold up quite nicely, treated with the proper respect of course. Like any hollow-bodied guitar, I don't recommend dropping it down the stairs or anything, but if you don't beat the snot out of it, I suspect it will hold up quite nicely.

Natural polyurethane gloss finish with no pickguard. Abalone inlays. Tortoise shell binding on the body and fingerboard. Okay, this guitar is beautiful. Abso-friggin-lutely beautiful. The overall finish, binding, and inlays make this guitar almost as satisfying to look at as it is to play. Action was fine from the factory. A bit higher than I was used to toward the upper frets, but easy enough to adjust to. I really only play up to about the 12th fret on this guitar anyway, so the somewhat high action up high really isn't an issue for me. The only issue that I had with the guitar were the factory strings, but I changed those out for some Elixer .013's and it just came to life. If you haven't tried Elixer strings yet, do yourself a favor and get some, you'll be happy you did. I honestly can't find anything to complain about with this guitar. It looks great, it plays great, it sounds great. One of the nicest acoustics I'm played in quite a while.