Kingman SCE review by Fender

Fender: Kingman SCE

Purchased from: local music store

This guitars sound is very mellow on the lower strings and bright on the upper strings. The amp I use with it is a Squier Sidekick, because it makes it really sound good, as long as the volume isn't too high, then you'll just get a headache. You can play the harmonic where the 24th fret should be. If you play by fingerpicking a lot, then this is a good guitar. If you play it too fast, it will mess up the sound.

I play a combination of blues, country, rock, and metal. This guitar is very versatile, and I can play all of them pretty well. I hate how fast this guitar will wear your strings completely out, though. Be expecting to replace them about every month. It will also Hurt your fingers a bit more than normal, but besides that, this is a good guitar, and it's worth your time.

You don't have to worry about this thing messing up any time soon. The polish isn't coming off any time soon. I have played this at my school's winter Concert before, and it was just as good when I left as when I brought it in. If you're looking for a guitar that's going to last you a good while, you might want to make this guitar one of your choices.

The guitar is in one peice and seems to be in pretty good condition. The strap holder was kind of loose when I first got it. Nothing a screwdriver can't fix, but still. Also, just so you can know, it's a Fender California model. It ought to be noted that it is possible to mess up the amp assistance if you pull it out too hard when you are replacing the battery on it.

My Kingman was made in 2006 in Korea. It has 20 frets. It has a polished finish. It's amp assisstant has a controller for the volume, brilliance, treble, middle, and bass. It came with an Access brand case, and a cable. It's not much, but it's good if you don't want to fool with complicated controls and just want to play.

rosengj
    The Korean Kingman guitars are great. Fast fingerboard, wide-range tone from the dreadnaught size body, solid spruce top and a built-in pickup and preamp. I also own an Elvis Kingman, its a better sounding instrument because it is not a cutaway model. Cutaways seem to kill the bass end of the sound spectrum. Also, the Elvis Kingman has no electronics, its pure acoustic. Both are a joy to play. Unlike the poster above, my strings last several months (OK, its been a year!) and they still play true and hold a tune. I am glad that more people ignore the Kingman series, it means they sell cheaper than the luxury brands. I paid just under five hundred for both of my Fenders, but the old Korean Kingman came with a hard shell case. The modern Kingman (made in China by the way) is also a great player. If lost or stolen, I would replace them with another Kingman.
    g_tab_man
    i've got this guitar and it's great. i love it and it's totally worth it for the money.