Sonoran SCE review by Fender

Fender: Sonoran SCE

My father came over and had a play on it - when it comes to acoustics, he plays lots of blues, where I have more of a Folk-esque tendancy. This guitar satisfied both our styles, and he has decided to order one for himself to replace his Monterey. It has a great full, strong sound, and will undoubtedly be the guitar I'll use next time I'm recording if I need an acoustic.

If this guitar was lost, I wouldn't be getting another straight away. I'd have to wait until they mail me one. But, were I in a city, I would be sprinting to my nearest music room and demanding one if it were stolen. The Sonoran suits all styles, whether you're Paul Simon, Don McLean or Gary Moore. It truly is a Fender masterpiece, and one of their finer acoustic guitars, and at an affordable price, you could do a hell of a lot worse.

Short of smashing this, Townshend-style, I would suspect this guitar will still be playable when in the hands of your grandchildren. I would not be suprised if I still owned this very guitar in 20 years. I've yet to gig with it, having only owned it for less than a day, but, as I've mentioned so many times, it's a Fender, so it's not going to fall apart when you strum it. And if you through this in front of a speeding truck, rest assured this guitar will not come out worse, or your money back!

I like my action as low as it will go without generating any buzzing, so we're thinking of modding the bridge. But all in all, it's a Fender. It's not low-quality. It's not bad-sounding. Nothing is flawed, nothing is loose. It's perfect and flawless, as any Fender should be, and nothing on this guitar was disappointing.

The Fender Sonoran, one of the latest great things to come from Fender, have reportedly been flying off the shelves since their conception - and with good reason. The Sonoran has 20 frets, scalloped bracing, a 'traditional' bridge and the typical smooth, thin and hardy Fender neck. The output is in the bottom strap knob. It has the brilliant single-cutaway acoustic/electric Fender style dreadnought body, a solid-spruce top, and, of course, the kickass Fender headstock that makes it instantly recognisable.

rankka
    seriously, guys, how does a 300$-guitar get a ten-nine-ten-nine-ten? I've played this guitar, it sounds nice, but seriously; not even a Gibson L7-C Acoustic Archtop shouldn't be able to get that good a grade. If you give a guitar a ten, it should be amongst the very best guitars in the world... seriously!
    warrenguitar
    Generally i don't like the way acoustic guitars look, but this one isn't too bad! Nice shaped scratch plate. My friend wants one of these badly!
    Emo_Guitars
    im suprised this guitar is on the reviews.. this was my first own acoustic still use it all the time I LOVE it compared to all the other acoustics.. i'll admit i haven't changed the strings since i've gotten it which was like maybe a year ago or more but STILL gives out a nice sound..im horrible at reviews but seariously I know guitars and i love it..
    Rocketking94
    What would you say is better? This Guitar or a fender t bucket 300, as im confused of decideing between the two.
    Fatbear
    A great catch for the budget. I got mine in Lake Placid Blue about a month ago and I'm still in love with it. The bridge design puts the 6th E string a little too close to the fretboard.(Since I also play the classical guitar)Heavy finger picking will cause the string to buzz occasionally. Still, the sound it projects is clear and bright and very enjoyable to fret.Those who love the feeling of a Strat will love this guitar as well. Fingertip friendly and above all, it's one good looking acoustic guitar.
    Confetti
    Just bought my Sonoran. I freaking love it! This has to be the most suited acoustic guitar for me that there is. The sound i awesome, and the neck! The neck is so god damn good! i'll recommend this guitar to anyone that is thinking to buy one in its price range. On top of it all the overall look of the guitar is stunning
    Bartez
    I've got this guitar as well. I love it.. I learned to play on a classic guitar and bought this one after a few months. I dont regret it for a minute and I tend to play it as much as I can. Love the sound, its easy to play and I like the looks of it as well.. Only thing is, as stated above, that the low E string is put a little too close to the fretboard, which causes some buzzing, but its not too bad really.. overall its a great guitar for a very good price.
    Hellz_Ellz
    I started out on an electric n my sonaran was my first acustic guitar. I absolutly love it. Mines in red and i love how the neck is so like an electric that it is so easy for me to play.