Stratocoustic review by Fender

Fender: Stratocoustic

A bit quieter than I would have hoped but still an amazing guitar to learn on and just have fun on. The stocks strings don't do it justice. I highly recommend a smaller string for it otherwise it just sounds a bit off. After changing the strings it works great for softer classic rock, jazz, blues and some country. For metal it is a bit off but still not bad as a cheap practice guitar.

I play a little bit of everything, and it seems to work out for most genres. Only genres it doesn't match that great are classical country and metal. If I lost it I would definitely buy another. One of the only things I wish it had was a different tuner, not just because this one can be off, but I would prefer one that showed how far off you are not just a general direction to tune it.

Almost everything on it seems like it would hold up. I only play it for a small class but if given the opportunity I feel it would be able to perform. Only issue I have is at times the tuner doesn't register right. If performing Live I would check the tuning on a different tuner to be sure on the sound.

The action was adjusted perfectly. It is not to low or to high. Everything on is was pretty close to perfect. Only small problem was a few scratches on the front, but I bought it from a friend Who bought it a few weeks before from guitar center so it could have been scratched after leaving the factory.

Finish: Satin, (Polyurethane) Top: Laminated Spruce Bracing: X Bracing Back and Sides: 1-Piece Fiberglass Neck: Maple Fingerboard: Rosewood No. of Frets: 21 Bridge: Fender Rosewood with Compensated Saddle Machine Heads: Chrome, (Die-Cast) Electronics: BG3-TN Preamp with Built-In Tuner: Volume, bass, middle, treble, low Battery indicator light, tuner On/Off Switch Scale Length: 25.5" Body Depth: 3" Width at Nut: 1.69" Width at Heel: 2.12" Unique Features: Oval Sound hole, dot position inlays, Strat headstock, Fender body shape Strings: D'Addario EXP-26 Phosphor Bronze, Gauges .011 to .052