Stratocoustic review by Fender

Fender: Stratocoustic

Purchased from: a cousin

This guitar has a wide variety of sounds and tone. I used it on a Fender reverb amp and a Spider 3 Line 6 amp. With out using a Fender acoustic amp, I got a very classical sounding, Yngwie Malmsteen sound.I also used this guitar acousticly much much more than on an amp. It sounds beautiful without an amp. The only problem is that it is not loud when you fingerpick and only you can hear it. I played a show with it and there was no buzzing or ringing or loud open string rings.

I loved this guitar and I wish I still had it today. I will buy another copy of it one day but until then I can tell you to buy this guitar. You WILL NOT be sorry. It really doesn't matter what kind of music you ply, this baby looks, feels and sounds great. The only bad thing is that you have to resist making love to this sexy machine

This guitar sounded great during my live performance at a coffee house. There was no buzz, ringing, or other noise to distract me from putting on a good show. I once tripped, and hit it on the ground like 1 day after I got it, although I was mad, I realized that the body was barely scratched and that the whole guitar was fine.

The guitar was amazingly perfect. I didn't have to make any modifications. The action was perfect, the guitar stayed in tune, the bridge was great, the body was EXTREMELY durable. The guitar also looked and felt great. It was black with a fiberglass back and it had a white pinstripe. The neck also had a vertical stripe going up it and was made of maple while the fretboard was made of rose wood.

This hollow body is the best on I have ever played. I have played the Washburn j-9 and this guitar blows it away in volume, tone and overall acoustic sound.This guitar is very good for someone who likes to play classical with and electric amp. I played a classical style that inluences my metal so when I hooked up this guitar to a Fender reverb amp and hear the Yngwie Malmsteen sound, I flipped out. This guitar has all the tone options (treble, bass, brilliance, mid, volume) on the top of the body. The tuners were plain stock tuners, Stratocaster holowbody look, fixed bridge, black, japanese made with a rosewood fret board. The only bad thing about the guitar is that when you maybe need to strum quickly, you might hit the battery area and this will throw off your playing, and the sound of the settings.

atira
    "For metal it is a bit off but still not bad as a cheap practice guitar." Why on Earth would anyone use an acoustic guitar for metal?