T-Bucket 300 CE review by Fender

Fender: T-Bucket 300 CE

Purchased from: John Michael's Music

The sound was the reason I bought this guitar in the first place. I have played almost every genre of "rock" on this guitar and they all sound great. For an acoustic it is not overly loud but can defiantly be heard if you want it to be heard. I have tuned this guitar as far down as dropC with no problems. The only little thing I can say bad about it is that it will come out of tune often enough were I just keep my tuner attached to the Head stock and tune it every time I pick up the guitar.

I love this guitar. It is my everyday player and I have yet to find any real flaws. I have only been playing for a little bit longer than 2 years, but I have played 100's of other guitars whether the be from stores or friend's acoustics. This guitar holds its own with everything I have played to date. My local dealer I bought this guitar from was very helpful and included a fair bit of free merch with the guitar. I would recommend this guitar to anyone who is looking for a good guitar in this price range. If I could change one thing on this guitar it would be the electronic setup as it is mealy adequate and nothing else. Overall it is great guitar and I would recommend it for anyone looking in the under 500$ price range. Good Luck and Good Playing.

I personally have played a few events with this guitar, just some stuff for school and a few odd little hangouts, and it has held up great. The tuners appear built to last as does the nut, bridge, and frets themselves. THE STRAP BUTTONS ARE SOLID! No worries about just playing the guitar and having to the floor and shatter. I always have a back up just in case but have never had to use it. The finish is beautiful and has kept its looks as of now. Take Care of this guitar and it should last you quite a while.

This guitar was set up ready to play from day one. When I took it down from the rack it had fresh strings and was properly tuned. None of the frets buzzed. The finish was perfect not a scratch or even a finger print smudge to be seen.

Here is what I got.....It is simply copied from some spec list on the net. Fender T-Bucket 300 CE Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Dreadnought Guitar Specifications: Instrument type: HOT rod design Model name: T-Bucket 300 CE 3-color sunburst Series: HOT rod design Body style: single-cutaway Fender style dreadnought Finish: gloss, (Polyurethane) Top: laminated quilted maple Bracing: scalloped X bracing Back and sides: laminated mahogany Neck: nato Fingerboard: rosewood No. of frets: 20 Bridge: rosewood with compensated saddle Machine heads: chrome, (die-cast) Fishman electronics Scale length: 25.2" Width at nut: 1.69" Width at heel: 2.24" Inlaid "f" and pinstriping motif by Vince Ray at 12th fret Inlaid pinstriping motif on headstock and rosette Dual action truss rod Scalloped X-bracing Side dot position inlays Factory-mounted forward strap button with internal block reinforcement Ivory body and neck binding Urea nut and saddle White with black dot bridge pins Chrome end pin It looks good and is above all very playable. Mine Is the blue version that just looks beautiful. The only thing I can find to complain about is the bad electronics they put in this guitar. The adjustment knobs on the built in tuner are hard to turn and made of cheap plastic but if you do not plug in all that much it is not a problem. This Guitar came with a free hard case, free electronic tuner, a free capo and 10$ worth of store credit to buy picks.

thrash-it-up
    busted_hater wrote: thrash-it-up wrote: i bought one of these last summer, after a year of playing it every day i have yet to find a single fault with it, definitely a 10 in my opinion how can it be a 10! I can name you 10 other guitars that play better, sound better, built better and look better. If everyone just gave things 10 because they like it we would be stuck with a lot of dud reviews. there is already enough of them on here anyway!
    you have to take into account value for money, sure a 1000+ guitar is going to sound better, but for the price you pay this guitar is definitely worth a 10
    frallson
    just bought one of these (blue, of course) and imo it actually played better than for example a yamaha for about $1000 wich i also tried. fenders just kick ass
    ApatheticMe
    I agree with that guy there are better guitars out there. Compared to some 1000$+ guitars out there it is a 6 at best. But in this price range it is a very good guitar. If a reviewer gives a ten to what he is reviewing then what is the point of even reviewing it?...this is not the slam dunk competition...
    busted_hater
    thrash-it-up
    Fjurg
    Got this guitar about 6 month ago. Was really impressed by the sound when i first tried it. Although it wasn't the reason I bought it. Partly it was the price (kind of thin budget), but most important, the super-comfortable neck. I play mostly fingerstyle and picking songs (John Mayer, Thomas Leeb, Jos Gonzales etc.) This guitar is sooooo perfect for those kind of fast chord transitions. I paid 2184 SEK ($246) for this guitar and will continue to use this until I can afford the guitar of my dreams; The Martin OM-42 Koa.
    gage1103
    I got one of these and like Fjurg i use it for fingerstyle and blues...its a really good guitar to play...i hear people saying that Ibanez and Yamaha rules this price range...i say: SUCK IT. this Fender kills them all
    IABart
    I have a Yamaha FGX-730 (solid spruce) and 2 T-Buckets (1 on CL for too good too pass, 1 from Hello Music for $150, sunburst with Isis III and blue with Fishman). Solid-tops outperform the T-bucket. For the money, the Mitchell MD-100S is a better guitar-better bass, more resonance, better neck. Fender CD-140S also outperforms the T-bucket. That said, if you can get the guitar for $180 or less, you won't be dissatisfied. They are GORGEOUS, the detailing is great. Plugged in they sound fantastic especially the Fishman. Unplugged, they are kind of "bright" and I suppose laminate and maple over solid and spruce gives you a brighter sound. Not bad, but play next to someone with a solid top, and you'll overpower them with treble while their bass will overplay you. Fantastic looking and fun to play, which means you'll practice more, but only average sounding when you play side-by-side with even a $200 solid top guitar.