T-Bucket 300 CE review by Fender

Fender: T-Bucket 300 CE

The sound can be really weird and sometimes will be described as tinny or hollow metallic (on acoustic only) but running through my amp with some basic distortion it sounds good... Go figure. I would say when strummed or picked it sounds better than trying to burst power chords. Overall sounds are quite basic. I use this purely for practice in my NY apt as my neighbours would kill me if I used my electric here (Fender Strat). The Fishman electronics are very good. Played it through my amp and it sounded very nice as an electric but a little HOT unless the mid and low range were sub mid setting.

For the price this is a 9/10 given all the simple features which are highly usable but the overall sound can be a let down... I use it for practice so no biggy at at $279 on sale (new) I thought it was fine. Do not kid yourself that this is comparable to a $1000 electric acoustic or some of the mid range models. Love - looks Hate - overall size I compared this to a few $500+ models but because this was really a part time guitar I bought it as saved the few hundred spondoolies. Overall I would say 70/100 (higher at this price level).

This is a very nice looking guitar but the top and finish will be fragile as it is very "fine". There is no pick guard and that perfect blue finish on mine will scratch up a bit and I have already dropped the beast... No damage but I wouldn't like to do it too often. The strap buttons are good.. The tuners are actually very good for the kind and although many will whine that they are stock cheapies, they do the job well. Tuning - mine goes a little out of tune around the G/B strings if I am overly aggressive but overall no biggie. The tuner on this thing is pretty good for an "on" guitar/side tuner. I bought a cheap gig bag and I have kept some foam on the base as I just carry it around my apartment and haven't got a stand as yet.

Action is GREAT. Very low and quite fast for a Acoustic-Electric but this is a big ass guitar so it takes some getting used to after playing a Std Strat. I changed the stock strings which sucked and put on some 9-42 D'Addario EXLs which improved the playability 50%. The strings really were a disgrace. Spend another $2 Fender and improve your game there. My neck is perfect and the tuners etc are all spot on. The finish around the neck and back is excellent... Zero flaws and the color runs are spot on everywhere. I went over this thing very closely and it really is finished well despite the cheaper wood/s and components. The rest of the set up is fine 82/100 would be higher except for the strings. I am kind of harsh here but as we make stuff in China, Korea, India and USA we know how bad China can be at times. This is really well made for China.

2012 Fender 300 CE T Bucket in Blue (nice finish); China - country of origin. This Fender T-Bucket 300 CE is a single-cutaway dreadnought beauty with a laminated quilted maple top and laminated mahogany back and sides. Other features on the Fender T-Bucket guitar include scalloped bracing, die-cast machine heads, all-solid rosewood bridge with compensated saddle and Fishman electronics. Fender T-Bucket 300 CE Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Dreadnought Guitar Features: - Inlaid "f" and pinstriping motif by Vince Ray at 12th fret - Inlaid pinstriping motif on headstock and rosette - Dual action truss rod - Scalloped X-bracing - Side dot position inlays - Factory-mounted forward strap button with internal block reinforcement - Ivory body and neck binding - Urea nut and saddle - White with black dot bridge pins - Chrome end pin Fender T-Bucket 300 CE Cutaway Acoustic-Electric Dreadnought Guitar Specifications: - Instrument type: HOT rod design - Model name: T-Bucket 300 CE 3-color sunburst - Series: HOT rod design - Body style: single-cutaway Fender style dreadnought - Finish: gloss, (Polyurethane) - Top: laminated quilted maple - Bracing: scalloped X bracing - Back and sides: laminated mahogany - Neck: nato - Fingerboard: rosewood - No. of frets: 20 - Bridge: rosewood with compensated saddle - Machine heads: chrome, (die-cast) - Fishman electronics - Scale length: 25.2" - Width at nut: 1.69" - Width at heel: 2.24"

gamyhre1
    Hei . What is the string range of this guitar 1.4 ?like strat and Tele ? Gunnar A.
    maidensobituary
    Iv'e spent over 3 days of intense research to find this one. T bucket sounds great, easy to play and not to mention has great looks. Overall a great experience. Thanks!
    dogsbrekky
    After just 3 months, my poor T Bucket has issues... some "dead" fret areas and an even tinnier sound than before... meh.. would drop my rating from 7.2 to about 5
    moon39466
    factory strings suck and it sounds like you need to have the neck straighten out that's why the sound problem
    Manny71
    Hi guys My new Fender t bucket 300 as arrived Happy Manny Looks and feels beautiful I've got quite small hands and I was worried that not having tried it before buying it it might be too big Is not , feels almost hand made for me The sound is deep and smooth with or without amp Just one thing Used it yesterday and I might have put it awa without turning it off and when I got out today the battery was flat and won't work with the amp I didn't know that without battery u can't play it on the amp ( got proper worried , I though it was broken lol) Apart from that I love it, mine's the black one and looks proper sexy Not stop playing all day my fingers are proper sore