T-Bucket 400 CE Review

2,704
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
T-Bucket 400 CE Reviewed by: andy.j.1999, on june 08, 2015

Purchased from: ebay.com

Features: The T-Bucket 400 CE is a great all around steel-stringed guitar for a relatively cheap price. I bought my version new off eBay about 3-4 years ago. I was unable to find where it was made. It has 20 frets and has a "C" shaped, normal-scaled neck. A Gloss Urethane finish combined with a Flame Maple body result in a beautiful, unique acoustic guitar. Its body style is dreadnought, and its bridge is "Rosewood with Compensated Graph Tech Nubon Saddle." The Fishman Isys III Preamp and Tuner has been great. You can adjust the bass, mid, treble, and volume. It also has an onboard tuner, which is very convenient if you need to tune on stage. The version I have has silver hardware, but the version they're selling currently has gold hardware. When I bought the guitar, it did not come with any accessories, but, then again, I bought it off eBay! // 8

Sound: The style that I play with this guitar is acoustic pop, and country. This guitar has been awesome for it has been great for fingerpicking when I play songs like "Mess Is Mine" by Vance Joy. Another song I love to play on it is Phillip Phillips' "Home" and "Gone, Gone, Gone." It also sounds great when I play it with Brad Paisley's songs. I usually play this guitar without an amp, but sometimes I do plug it in to an "Acoustic" amp. The sound is full and rich. Not as bright as a lot of acoustic guitars, but, again, I like it for fingerpicking. Its rich, full tone fits this genre very well. I haven't tried this guitar plugged into any effects, so I do not know how well this guitar performs with effects. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I really cannot complain about this at all. I have had it for 3-4 years, and I've NEVER had any part of it adjusted or tightened, although it does have a dual action truss rod. It was perfectly set up from the factory, and even the strings that came with it were not that awful. The hardware was bright and shiny; the tuning pegs were tight; the pickup even came with a new battery! The wood has not warped, although I've (accidentally) left it in a van for several hours in a Minnesota winter. This section is an easy 10! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played it live several times, not extensively, but enough to know that it is tough and will hold up for a long while. The hardware and strap buttons are very solid and I have not had a problem with them. I have not needed to tighten the strap buttons or the tuning pegs or anything since in the 3-4 years since I got the guitar. It is a very dependable guitar that retains its sound and keeps its beauty. One of the only cons, though, is that it does not come with a pickguard. I have not put on a pickguard since I bought it, and if I hold it up to the light, I can see strum marks where I've scratched the finish. // 7

Overall Impression: If you are looking for a guitar that has great sound and is also dependable for cheap, let your search end here! I have played it extensively since getting it, and it has easily held up through live performance. If I could go back and get a different guitar, I would still choose this one. Many of my friends have commented on how they love the traditional wood color, but with the unique flame style, which is how all the T-Buckets are. For a $399 retail price tag, the sound is unbelievably good. The only con to it is the fact that it doesn't come with a pickguard, but this can easily be fixed with $20. // 9

Comments