Telecoustic review by Fender

Fender: Telecoustic

Purchased from: Make Music

Unplugged, it's got a nice tone, plugged in it is only improved. I don't plug it in much, it's mainly for unplugged acoustic stuff, and despite it's modern look, it sounds like a wonderful, original acoustic.

This guitar is everything I could want. It's not the most popular I understand, and each person likes a different sound. For me, it's excellent though. If you're looking to buy an electro acoustic, when you're trying some out in the store, give this a whirl, you may be surprised. My other guitar is a cheesy Fender Squire strat, so this is my second guitar (I've been playing 1 and a half years), I wanted an acoustic to mess around on, so I went with the Telecoustic, an electro-acoustic guitar good plugged and unplugged, with a nice telecaster body and delicious tone. It's also not a very deep guitar, so if like me you're a teen who can't get his hands around an acoustic without the edge of it digging into your arm because it's so deep, you may want to look here. If it were stolen, I would buy this guitar again immediately, or I would buy a Stratacoustic, which is very similar, only real difference is the body shape. For what I payed, it's a bargain. Be sure to give it a try.

You can't play this standing up, that's the only disadvantage. It's got the nose heavy problem that the Gibson Explorer has, but worse. The body is literally as light as a sheet of paper, and the neck is normal weight, so this thing is extremely nose heavy and dips so much that it's vertical. Not a big problem for me, I don't intend to play this acoustic live or standing up. I say, sitting down it could withstand live play, I've looked after this guitar carefully, so no damage done to it yet; not a scratch. Treat her well and she'll reward you with a lovely sound.

It was set up nicely, though the strings only lasted a couple of weeks. No flaws whatsoever, even included 9V battery for onboard tone controls. The action when I got it was a little tight, but that's been adjusted now, and it's nicer to play. Excellently set up.

21 Frets. Rosewood fingerbord. Inca silver coloured body with lightweight material underneath (possibly fibreglass?). Dotted frets. On board controls for when plugged in. Came with basics; bag spare pegs and such. Cool Fender Telecaster-shaped body. Excellent features for an electro acoustic, and everything I wanted.