Telecoustic review by Fender

Fender: Telecoustic

Purchased from: Private Party

Perfect.

I have played most everything, but now I am in the slower lane and I play alot of country rock, new country, hillbilly, gypsy jazz, 70s rock, and alot of blues from the 30s to the current styles. I have been playing 52 years, and I have a Les Paul, a Telecaster, and a Conn 12 string. If it was stolen, broken beyond repair, or lost, I would IMMEDIATELY buy another one (I would pay up to $500 for another one of these if I ever lost it (if that was the going price). As far as wishing something else it had or could be added, yes, I wish it had an external pickup that was not PreAmped, so the guitar volume would not overide any effects that I would chose to use.

99% except the strap buttons on the top should be mounted with a bolt and nut with large washer inside the shell (this is the ONLY thing I did to this guitar, otherwise EVERYTHING else was all to my enjoyment. And satisfaction (this strap button is a trivial issue however, but it is something to note, if the strap slipped lose it could break a neck, headstock, etc., but inexpensive to fix, and an easy adjustment).

100%.

My wife recently bought me a Fender Telecoustic Electric acoustical guitar, beautiful burgandy red for $230 US from a private party (a band musicain). I have been playing music since 1959, and have owned 1962 Gibson Les Pauls, and Gibson SGs, and a Gibson EBO, a Gibson Hummingbird, and a Dove, Conn 12 string, and Rickenbackers, all totally awesome instruments, but this Fender Telecoustic is not only unique, and beautiful, sounds great, and play sweetly smooth and carefree, but it IS the funnest and most enjoyable guitar I have ever owned, and for the price it is INCREDIBLE! Thank you Fender, and the designer, and the manufactures did on heck of a excellent job for a low priced guitar. To them all BRAVO! Job Well Done.

Bilboid
    Thinking of buying one used. I currently have a Kramer Ferrington. Wonder how that compares.....
    Adam Andeveit
    I borrowed a friend's Telecoustic for a couple of weeks and thought it was rubbish. A cross between acoustic and electric resulting in the worst of both worlds.
    SheikhYerbooti
    I hav one and I am really in two minds about it. I paid 200 for mine and it had a ding in the body wok, but I had never seen one before, it come with a Hardcase too, but not a fender one. It dosn't have much oomph when unplugged, but is ideal for sitting on a park bench or in the park. It is very nose heavy, and can take a dive if you take your hand away for a secnd and it don't be strapped. Very loud pick up, volume only needs to be touched. Being a Fende fan boy and thinking it was a rarity (which it wasn't) I snapped it up. Have since gone out and bought a Squier dreadnought which is a lovely guitar. But the telecoustic has a time and a place, and I do use he often for acoustic recordings. Easier than setting up mics etc