Hummingbird review by Gibson

Gibson: Hummingbird

Purchased from: Russo's Music Trenton, NJ

I play mainly Folk music and some bluegrass. The guitar has a very even sound overall. Highs and mids come through quite well but the bass response is superb. Loud and man I mean loud unplugged. The pickup system could tone down the bass a tad can seem to drown out the rest of the sound somewhat when playing certain things. Unplugged it is the best guitar I've heard.

I have found that I am very partial to the Gibson acoustic sound. I think it matches my playing style to a "T". I have been playing for about 15 years. I own one other acoustic worth mentioning it is a Gibson DSM-CE. I would be heartbroken if this thing were to be lost or stolen. Someone would also have a deathwish for takin my baby. I played about 20 other Hummingbird before finally deciding on this one. Each had their own sound and character but I would definitely find another one to replace it. I played about 1,00 high guitars and this one takes the cake over all the Martins, Taylors, Guilds or any of the other Gibsons I played. Basically I love everything about this guitar. It is my most prized possesion.

Seems quite durable. Played a few gigs with it. Has been dependable so far I've only had it about a year. Only has one strap button, solid as a rock. Finish is still looking great after a year of me beatin on it, normal pickwear above the soundhole. The pickguard has a tiny piece of the corner that seems to be pulling up of the soundboard but barely noticeable.

I was the only one to ever test this guitar out at the store and it was setup perfectly for my tastes. It may be a tiny tiny bit high for some players. The pick up may need to be adjusted some it picksup too much bass on some songs. No flaws what so ever anywhere that I could find.

My Hummingbird is a 2008 built in Boseman Montana U.S.A. The Gibson Hummingbird is an acoustic-electric guitar that has 20 frets. The Hummingbird features a solid sitka spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, 24-3/4" scale length, dovetail neck-to-body joint, scalloped bracing. The pickup system is the L.R. Baggs Element system.

andyycho
    Might as well put a Gibson sticker on my headstock and sell it for 2400$.
    cobracarg
    SamuraiLP
    cobracarg wrote: Gibsons = Way over priced guitars Ive tried a Hummingbird, and they sound awesome but you can get the same quality guitar for alot cheaper from other guitar brands... you are basically just paying for the brand name when you buy Gibsons
    Brand name and historical accuracy. Damn straight. Same goes for top of the list fenders. Sometimes it seems like Gibson has become more of a personal trophy store than anything, Not saying their guitars aren't quality goods, though.
    diamondking117
    You buy Gibsons for the damn namesake. I have two of them, and honestly not worth the price. The SG is nice, and I got it for a more reasonable price, but still relatively close quality to epiphone
    Windwalker9000
    Well I have been playing and performing for 47 years now and from reading some of these reviews it plain to me the negtive reviews no very little about acoustic guitars. I wouldn't own the guitars that I do if a cheap guitar was as good!!! It's easie to post on sites and post about cheaper guitars being as good But it's another to have to prove you own are owned a top name brand guitar for along time so that you really know from experince what you are talking about and I have and I do own them and to put it in plain terms there is a real big deference in the cheap verses top brand guitars that shows up more and more as the guitars get older in sound and in how well they hold up to being played and handeled. That not just talk thats years of experince from owning and using the top brands speaking. { Gibson, Martin Taylor }