J-45 review by Gibson

Gibson: J-45

My personal opinion on the J-45 is that is has a warm woody tone and a slight sparkle on the highs. Then again there are some J-45s that are complete duds and have no livelyness and are dull and boring. When comparing the J-45 to other guitars my first impression when strumming it is that the guitar is perfect for telling a story it almost has a personality that draws you in when playing a song. Although it might not have as much balance as some other square shouldered dreadnoughts I think somebody looking for a guitar that wants something that would add an extra layer of depth and emotion to their song should really consider this guitar.

MY overall impression of this guitar is that its perfect for someone who has already found their sound and understands what sets their sound apart from others. I also love the look and attitude the guitar gives off when played. If it were stolen I would go out and buy another one instantly. I compared it to other acoustics such as the Gibson Hummingbird and althoug in my opinion the humminbird had more balance and is probably a safer guitar for all generes or for somene that playes an abundant amount of styles of music I feel like the J-45 does a better job at telling the story of a song and has more of a specific tone or "personality" than the Hummingbird and other guitars.

Yes this guitar is perfectly capable of withstanding gigging and the dings and knicks that come along with it.

The finish is very pretty and although it has minimal appointments compared to other guitars in its price range I find that it has a vibe that boasts the attitude of a guitar player that has been playing for years and wants to take the stage and say "I don't need to prove to anyone how good I am just shut up and listen to my sound I know what I'm doing" hahaha I don't know if anyone else gets this vibe from a J-45 but I certainly do.

The J-45 is an all solid wood guitar. It has a sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides. It is x braced and is round shouldered. It is covered with a warm glossy sunburst finish. It comes with an undersaddle pickup and depending on where you buy it it will usually come with a case.

davvy 360
    10/10 durability, so the durability is perfect therefore this guitar must be invincible
    jinsu2301
    ...sometimes i get the feeling that people write such awful reviews just for trolling purposes...
    Squelcheroo
    I just got my hands on a 1976 J45. I understand exactly what the reviewer is saying. I've had Taylors, Martins, Guilds, Ovations, and others. This thing has vibe and attitude that you understand when you play it. If you understand why an old tele or ES-335 brings to to a place that an ibanez with a built in handle can not....you just might know what he's talking about. It brings history and grit with it which is why Mike Ness of Social Distortion writes on one and Bob Dylan made it famous. Save the Dave Matthews for a Takamine. This one wants you to say something.
    Shornifier
    Definitely gonna buy it if it's indestructable and I think the US military should too; they could make a J-45 tank that would be impossible to penetrate with any shell or bomb ever made.