Songwriter Deluxe review by Gibson

Gibson: Songwriter Deluxe

I'm no pro but this to me sounds nice and bright... I play Acoustic versions of rock songs etc and abit of oldie Folk strummin down the pub on friday nights. It has the option to plug in and play throuh an amp but I'm pretty dure I could fill a room without this if I hit those strings hard enough...

I love it I play Folk to rock classics.. Been playing 3 years, have had a Epiphone aj100 and a Tanglewood Acoustic before... This wipes the floor with both of them in every department... If you want a nice sounding, versatile Acoustic guitar... I don't think you could much better than this... Looks the biz... Sounds the biz...

It has been gigged... only finish thats wearing is the tuning pegs.. everything else feels great on the guitar, the grover tuning pegs still feel solid and adjust with ease... it has been kept in its hardcase so it should last and last a life time... Don't think I will ever buy another Acoustic again!

The action is low and is very easy for me to play... But I guess as I purchased it from the guitar tech of the quireboys it was always gonna be setup well... (if you can do anything with an acoustic?) As it has been out on gigs with the quireboys it is well used and there are a couple of light marks on the body and the gold is wearing slightly on the tuning pegs... (does this make it a worse or better guitar? I think better!!)

This is a 06 model of the Gibson Songwriter Deluxe made in the usa using top materials, Ebony Fingerboard with Rolled Edges and Split Parallelogram Inlays Sitka spruce, rosewood back and sides L.R. Baggs Element Active Acoustic Pickup System Looks superb....

dakotajoe
    andym1975 wrote: Hells.Mascot wrote: Gibson acoustics suck balls, especially for how much they cost. Cut their price in half, and maybe they'll be worth the sound you get out of them. Are you bitter because you cant afford one?
    Sounds like he is bitter to me man
    andym1975
    Are you bitter because you cant afford one?
    gibbsy15
    I'd have to agreed with andy to a degree, Gibson acoustics are good but not for the the high amounts of money you pay, I purchased one of these about 2.5 years ago, the guitar was set up like shit, frets needed replacing because they were buzzing, it was send back to Gibson and they replaced them, it came back 3 months later, new frets, same problem, eventually Gibson just replaced the guitar, I have a brand one.....same problem, so i've adjusted the action on it to keep it from buzzing and it feels horrible, I also put medium gauge strings on it which it can't handle (I usually use light gauge) the look and tone of the guitar is amazing, however for the money it is simply not worth it, i'm looking to get rid of it a replace it with a Maton, half the price and value for money, I will not by a Gibson again.
    Hells.Mascot
    richardtmason
    I'm the proud owner of a Gibson Songwriter standard deluxe, 2014 model. Was looking at Taylor 800 series, but the Gibson tone won hands down. Sure, you pay a little extra for the name, but it's a quality american built guitar. I own numerous acoustics, this is my #1!
    wallygva
    Bought a used 2008 the other day for $1699. OMG...I had been playing my Taylor 214 daily and thought it sounded good...this guitar goes so far beyond. It is the ideal axe for a singer/songwriter....D28 Rosewood Martin sound combined with Gibson mid-range punch. A really sweet guitar.