GJ-10 Gypsy Jazz Guitar review by Gitane Cigano Series

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Gitane Cigano Series: GJ-10 Gypsy Jazz Guitar

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

I like to consider myself a jazz fusion player, though some of you may knock me down for the sudden interest in virtuoso: Guthrie Govan. I also play some Folk (Donovan - Codine). Basically, I've used this guitar among my 10 others to find certain phrasing ideas. I wouldn't be able to bend on it as well as David Gilmour like on Wish You Were Here. This guitar gives me a different flavor and works great for fooling around with "gypsy" jazz chords.

I mess around with a lot different genre's. Though it's kind of silly to classify the music I play. As for what the guitar was intended for, I think it does well off on the whole gypsy jazz schtick. I wouldn't care if I lost this at a music festival or anything.

The guitar seems to be more of a beater. It'd be quite reliable for making a ruckus. Likewise, it would be cool for jammin out with your favorite hippie friend. Would I smash it? Yeah! I try to take care of my geets so I really hope this acoustic can last as long as it can.

Surprisingly the guitar was set up quite well from the distrubutor. I virtually have no complaints on how the guitar functions as far as making a sound goes. I have no problems with the tuners. Unfortunately, I can't really go out and get the intestine wound strings like how real gypsies do it, but I like to pretend, you know?

Not sure what year this guitar was made but it sounds great! It sports a Solid Sitka Spruce top, which gives the guitar a sturdy, yet satisfying bounce. It's great at giving the whole chunky chord thing but can be difficult to pull off any harmonic dabbling. There's a matching Asian Rosewood that fit the back and sides. As well as, a smooth cutaway that makes way for the "shred notes" lol. Though, gypsy guitars are known to be budgeted for the excited jazz enthusiasts; I feel as though there are better acoustics in this price range. I do admit to having a bit of an affection for quirky things...