G3539 review by Gretsch

Gretsch: G3539

Purchased from: Ebay

I got this guitar specifically for playing in a Roman Catholic church. Other than the color, this guitar is perfect. Sound wise, it is rich and deep and notes just resonate out of the body. You can really feel the body of the guitar resonate when you play minor chords. Cuts through when playing harder, accompanies other guitars perfectly sounds like there is one guitarist playing a very full sound while you play with a "lead" style acoustic player.

This is a beautiful guitar that I got for such a cheap price. I have been playing for 3 and a half years, and have owned a Yamaha mid level acoustic and I also own a Squire Strat/Marshall 100watt combo. I truely love this red guitar because it has tons of character, both in style and in sound. If you can find one of these bad boys on eBay for cheap, I say go ahead and bid. It will be worth it.

I've been playing this guitar for 4 months and it had withstood the trip in a cramped truck from my house to church, as well as a band practice with the classic rock band I play in. It has one dent in it from my own stupidity, but still sounds like it did when I first got it. Superficial dings do no apparent damage, I would gig this in an acoustic without a backup.

The guitars action was perfect, very comfortable neck and string height. The back of the tuners are painted gray, but for the price they are awesome. The finish came perfect, and it is a very nice color that has drawn a lot of complements.

Got it off of eBay, a very nice guitar. Made in the USA, 20 frets, made of an unknown wood type, dark red finish, white pick guard. Standard Gretsch tuners, nice inlays marking odd numbered frets, and inlay markings on the 12th fret. Standard acoustic guitar.

ahigs
    it says at the top its mahogany sides, back and neck, but you said "of an unknown wood type" ??