GAD-C3 review by Guild

Guild: GAD-C3

Purchased from: Thomann

I play a lot of piano music on this guitar, converted for guitar, a few other acoustic/classical guitar songs (e.g. classical gas) and a lot of music from video games, primarily the final fantasy series. This guitar sounds beautiful!

I bought this guitar because it has the most bling I've ever seen on a classical - the inlays are simply gorgeous and add a great deal of excitement to the instrument! It's made from some nice materials and has some great features, such as a bone nut and saddle, silver/gunmetal tuners (which I think look far better than gold) and the one-piece Mahogany neck. Of course, it also sounds great, and includes a hard case in the deal! Magnificent!

I keep this instrument in its hard case at all times unless I want to play it. I never let anyone else touch the thing, and I've played it live a couple of times at open mic nights. I've knocked it against things a few times, and never incurred any form of damage - the things is tough, but I'm terrified of hurting it!

The manufacturing quality of this instrument is truly excellent. Very consistent, fine grain on the soundboard, no signs of leaked glue, no rough edges, don't really know what else to say.

High-gloss solid American Spruce top, solid Rosewood sides, one-piece Mahogany neck, 52mm Ebony fretboard, rosewood head, bone nut and saddle, beautiful multi-coloured wood inlays, excellent free hard-case. For the price I paid, this is worth a 10.