GAD-G212 review by Guild

• Reviewer's score: 2.6 Junky
Guild: GAD-G212

It sounds very brash and metallic. The fact that it's never quite in tune gives it a clashy bright harmonic sound. It has a hollowness to it. There is just a general lack of warmth and woodiness. A lack of musicality which makes it very unappealing to play.

Wish it had been as good as Guilds used to be when they were owned by people who were interested in making guitars rather than profits. I've said all I can say about this guitar, but when I try to submit the review it tells me to type more. Hopefully these last couple of pointless sentences will do the trick.

This guitar was in immaculate condition when I sold it. It was crap on day one so I imagine it'll have no trouble staying that way indefinitely. It was just as annoyingly horrible when I sold it as it was when I made the mistake of buying it. I mean, how do you judge the reliability of a guitar that you despised and didn't want anything to do with.

This is a horrible guitar to play. Really tough on the tendons. One of those 12 strings that requires a vicelike grip to play a bar chord. It was a pain to tune. The sort of guitar which you seem to spend more time tuning than playing. A very heavy guitar too, and heavy in a hard to define unbalanced way which made it feel awkward. Just a dog of a guitar. I owned one for about a year or so and I must have played it a handful of times. Was glad to get rid of it.

The GAD G212 12 string Acoustic has a solid spruce top, solid mahogany back and sides, and a mahogany neck. It has a bone nut and saddle, and rosewood fingerboard and bridge. It has no electronics. It has a gloss finish, and looks very attractive. It comes with a hard case. Made in China ( weary sigh).