JF30-12 review by Guild

Guild: JF30-12

Purchased from: John Belones

THis guitar has very good overall sound for mostly classical or bluegrass style of music. It is has very good sound projection. It has a very rich, full sound, very effective in low sounds...

I play a lot of classical music, or sometimes bluegrass, this pareicular guitar is very well suited to that style of music. It gives a much fuller, richer sound as opposed to the 6-string, I have only been playing for 3 years, but this guitar is a very good match for my the classical/ bluegrass gendre. I have 6-string aclostic, and a 6-string electric, and this is the best, again for thje classical or bluegrass... I love the sound it produces, and the look of it. I concidered buying many 12-strings before this one, but I chose the Guild simply because it was better sounding than the others. Despite being more expensive... It was worth it.

This guitar will definately be well suited for live playing, it seems to be very solid and well put together, strap buttons are solid, keys seem solid, bridge is well set... I wouldn't use it at a gig without backup because being a 12-string, I use extra light strings, witch makes them extreamly easy to break.

Overall the guitar was pretty much perfect, it required only a slight ajustment to the keys (some were to tight.) The action on the guitar was very good, almost perfect, had to get it tapped.

Hand made, 12-string, jumbo modle, 20 frets, top and sides are made of solid maple, rosewood fingerboard and bridge, tourtise shell pick gaurd, gold hardware, no pick-ups or other electroncs, it has sunburst nitrocellulose finishtop and matching sides and an arched back, Mother-of-Pearl dot position inlay.

Joe Rocket
    I too have this awesome guitar, and love everything about it. The sound is rich and sweet.