HW200 review by Hohner

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Hohner: HW200

This guitar was my first guitar, so it sounded good when I first played it, but when I played some my friend's other guitar it just put the Hohner to shame. This is not to say HW200 is crap, it's just not anything special. I usually play acoustic versions of alternative, or classic rock and such on this guitar. After playing this guitar for about a year, the sound is quite dull to my ear.

This guitar was the guitar I learned on about a year ago. I went through a lot of uneeded frustration dealing with the difficult strings. Unfortunatley, this is my only acoustic at the time. Before buying this, I should have had someone play it for me, since I didn't know how to. The strings would have definitely dealt with then and there. If I lost this guitar I could care less. I would actually love to stuff it with dynamite just for the heck of it. The only thing I like about this guitar it that sentimental value of it being my first guitar, everything else is mediocre or sub-par. If you are thinking about getting this as a first or beginner guitar, get somthing higher quality please.

I would never play this guitar Live, it's more for beginners. Even at that, the action is obsurd, and would throw off even beginners. This guitar is really solid on the other hand. I've been real rough with it and it's not going to break or anything anytime soon. But the finish chips real easy, especially on the edges and on the fretboard.

The action of the strings on this guitar is awful. I don't know if it was a fluke out of the factory or somthing, but you need to put a lot of pressure on these strings. Other owners have sent this guitar back to get it readjusted. It's nearly impossible for me to play any kind of barre chord clean.

The HW200 was made in China, I'm not sure when it was made. It is an 18 fret dreadnought. The body cuts it off at the 12th. The frets are a little small for my taste. The appearance of the guitar is nice. Glossy finish with a black finish line around the body, and the back of the guitar is a darker color. there's a nice sticker inside the body that has the company signature. The tuners are kind of cheap. When I restrung the guitar the little white decorative circles fell off. there's no top peg for a strap so, you have to tie it around the neck. I bought the guitar by itself so, it didn't come with any accessories.