HW300 review by Hohner

Hohner: HW300

Purchased from: Music Go Round

With the strings I have on it now (Ernie Ball Earthwood Lights), I get a nice rock/blues sound out of it.

I play rock and a little bit of blues on guitar, and this acoustic fits me for just being a beginner. I have only been playing about a year, and I only own a Squier bass and a Peavey TNT 100 bass amp. This guitar will probably last me for a long time, probably until I need an acoustic/electric. If I ever lost it, I would probably end up buying the same guitar again. It is just that good. The only problem I have with it is the plastic strap button, but I can see about replacing that. If you are a beginner guitar looking to buy an acoustic for yourself, or if you are looking to buy a guitar for another beginner, this is the way to go.

The guitar can easily withstand live playing. The hardware seems like it will last for as long as I own it. The bottom strap button is made out of plastic, which is one of the things that I dislike about it. I would still use it at a gig without a backup, because I would trust this instrument that much.

This guitar had no flaws when I purchased it. It was set up very well for the price they charge for it. I have seen guitars for the same price that are not nearly as nice as this.

This guitar has a dreadnought body, mahogany neck and body, a rosewood neck, enclosed tuners, 20 frets, and is available in many colors, mostly transparent. The location in which it is made is not noted. The year is also not noted, but is most likely sometime after 2003.

CDawg211
    i have a hohner HW640, got it for $180, couldn't have bought a worse guitar. it had no truss rod, you couldnt play the 1st string, because it sounded like crap. but now i fixed it and it's pretty good! Lol
    TheGuitarDreams
    This was my first acousitc guitar I got, man I fell in love with this thing. I've had it for 2 years and only replaced the strings once (well, when my grandfather gave it to me, it had no strings...) with First Act strings, and hasn't gone out of tune since.
    ragweedfan04
    i bought an hohner HW300G a few yrs ago. since ive had it the low e sounds like crap and the b string always sounds flat even when its tuned. i have had to do alot of adjustments, such as filing the string grooves on the nut a bit more. i also put some brand new tuning machines on it and it sounds way better with the help of ghs strings.