AEG10E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AEG10E

Purchased from: Guitar Center - Charlotte

It has a metallic sound. It sounds really good when played softly but can get a bit clangy when strummed harder ( which I have a tendency to do lol )but for the price, it sounds really clean and strong. I don't feel like I am missing anything from this type of body style.

I did a lot of research before I bought this guitar. I wanted to stay cheap, and still get a %500 sounding guitar.. and I found it. I talked the guy down at Guitar World so I got this and the case and some straps for like $420 total. I would definitely suggest this to someone else and I'm glad I started off with it instead of going and blowing a shit load of money on a Martin or Taylor instead of starting of small and working my way up. I truly believe everyone should start off with a piece of shit and work their way up. This is obviously not a piece of shit but it is a step on the ladder. Far from where I have come and closer to where I want to be. Bottom line is.. For the money... Ibanez has it on lock.

Hell yes this guitar will do it. Trust me, if it can with stand my bottom 3 string strumming without popping a string or going out of tune, it's all good :D The only negative review I could find on it was that a few people had their hardware go out after about a year or so .. but they had it replaced free of charge with no problems. I have had mine right at a year and have had no problems what so ever. Strap buttons are solid as it can be. I have played a lot on this thing during morning services and long practices and have had no tuning problems at all. The only place I will knock it for durability will be where the paint around the opening has peeled a little where I strum a lot. not onto the body but just around the opening. No biggie though. I don't give a shit about looks as long as it sounds good, but some people might not like that.

I have not changed the action. The only time I have any issue is when I buzz the 5th string but I tend to play a lot more barre chords than normal Acoustic players. Right out of the box, this guitar was ready to kick ass.. I had no issues or adjustments that I had to make before plugging it up and jamming. None of the frets were jacked up out of the box though. Straight from the factory was excellent.

Brand new out of the box. It has a solid black finish with a cream edge around the body and along the neck. Has the regular bass, treb. And mid.. along with shape on the electronics adjustments. I normally just leave it all 50% and adjust it with the main board. Has a built in tuner which I frikking LOVE. Small body. Fishman electronics.

brendage6229
    Just picked one up used at a pawn shop for $150 with hardcase. I'm a singer who has been playing "at" basic chords for the last 40 years! I'm totally stoked with this guitar and am excited and encouraged at how easy it is to play, inspiring me to "go deeper"! May this instrument be used to glorify The Lord!
    karl.a.melanson
    Have had this guitar for a couple of years now and play it every Sunday in church, where it sounds beautiful through the house Yamaha PA. I play finger-picked improvisations behind guided meditations and accompany a Native-American flute player for laying on of hands healing. I solo vocally mostly from the great American Songbook and accompany myself with jazz chords. I love the built in tuner and wish every guitar had one. It's a great looking guitar to me and extremely comfortable to play sitting or standing. I carry it in a gig band, and it seems to be holding up well. Would highly recommend, it especially for the price!
    Double"G"ObCol
    Yo this Is Double "G" from Obnoxious Colors (TM) I*B*A*N*E*Z Was in my home town Bensalem back in the 80's Thet make awesome acoustic Guitars I have 3 peace and God Bless Keep on Rocking in the NOT So FREE World
    GunnysLilWife
    I love my Ibanez. Being small in stature, the AEG10 is much easier to play than the dread. Bought mine from Guitar Center for 229.00 on sale, it did not come with a bag for the commenter in Germany. If you are a petite female and have been blessed in the "upper" department of assets...this guitar is perfect for you due to the cut out. The onboard Fishman tuner is reliable and haven't had any issues with it. I purchased the 3yr Protection plan from Guitar Center so I will have piece of mind when I am away. Just in case my cat or 4yr old decides they want to learn how to play it! Hope this helps....Ciao for Now...
    calleman13
    Having used a Squier acoustic for almost year, I was very happy when I upgraded to this guitar. I wasn't looking to spend a ton of money and this guitar fit the bill. I love the low action and it sounds really good when plugged in. The cutaway body is also very useful for playing on those higher frets. I would recommend this guitar for anyone who wants a nice sounding acoustic for a reasonable price. Ibanez definitely makes the best guitars for someone on a tight budget.
    marktjones80
    I've had my AEG10E-BK for a few months and got a lil better deal than any of you guys. $264 with a TKL Artcore Guitar Case for Ibanez AF75. This guitar fits like a glove!!!plainly, I'm not gonna spend good money on a good guitar w/out a case and the salesman @ GuitarCenter didn't even try to hand me a gig-bag. All one has to do is talk to these guys. For the price, the unbelievably great sounding-great quality guitar, and excellent hard case that I got for well under 3hundred bucks was a real blessing! I cannot set this guitar down. It sounds wonderful, full, & as loud as I could want acoustically. I did get an awesome amp for this "Black-Beauty" for those moments when I don't want to be silent. I gotta say that this guitar works out! The little tuner helps me tune down from E to D for certain songs very quickly! I couldn't be happier with my selection of acoustic guitar.
    marktjones80
    Also, it is a spruce top!!! for sure, bet! Too nice & especially for the cost, bro! High quality-low cost, better with age, & gorgeous. Love @ 1st site. I went expecting to pay more b/c I wasn't going to settle. My friends play too & they can't stop playing it, especially with a lil electricity running through it. I promise that you cannot go wrong w/ this guitar!!!
    Islandeer
    I am sort of hesitating between this and the AEL shape. I have been playing for two years now, and I thought to replace my noname chinese ovation copy for something "next level". I liked the body shape a lot, it is indeed very comfortable, but I like my guitar to sound just a bit darker.
    GeeTheKing
    Guys, you said too much good from this guitar! Now I must buy this instead the AEG8E (wich get more negatives on this site) although the AEG10 25% more expensive in Hungary! And here - like in the other countries, except Germany - it is without bag or case...
    thusuntotyrants
    Picked up one of these used at GC a few years ago for $150 . I love this guitar. The previous owner upgraded the tuners to a set of Grovers and upgraded the strap buttons. I mainly use it for practicing, but I loaned it to a friend after the onboard electronics crapped out on his Breedlove. He gigged with it weekly for 8 months, he didnt want to give it back.