AEL10 review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AEL10

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: Arden's Music

The guitar is good for most music styles. I don't play a whole lot of different styles but for the R&B, Soft Rock, and Rhythm stuff I do play it does quite well...(to be honest I bought the guitar because I searched and found out it is the guitar from Chris Brown's "With You" music video) I don't plug it into my amp too often because I don't really play in places that I need to amp up in but when I do have it plugged into my 15 watt Crate Acoustic amp, it does sound ok. I haven't be able to find that great "as close to an authentic acoustic" sound set up yet, but it's get the job done. I think it's more the amp than the guitar that causes that problem. The sound is rich and bright I've found through my amp, but sometimes it can be tinny, but as I said, my amp isn't great as well. The guitar once again can sound very diverse and compliment many music styles well. It's great for it's price point.

For 500 dollars I can't really complain about what I got here. It served as a good replacement Acoustic for my first 200 dollar guitar and as of now, I feel no need to upgrade again on the Acoustic side of my guitar playing. If I had this guitar stolen from me or lost, I would most likely buy it again maybe not immediately, but maybe again after I buy a few more guitars. I do like the look of the guitar, the sound, and the feel of the instrument is great for me. So with that said, I'd recommend this to a lot of people for a guitar in this price range.

This guitar would withstand live playing. For me, seeing as I don't really play live, I can't speak from experience, but the guitar is built well enough that I believe it would be great live and stay in tune most of the time. The hardware for me has lasted very well, quality has stayed the same but as I mentioned before the strap falls of the guitar strap button on occasion and that can be annoying which is why I sit down when I play most of the time. For someone who will be walking with the guitar around their neck and moving a lot in a live performance, then maybe this guitar would not be the greatest for them. The finish has lasted and everything is fine on that end. The strap button really is the only fault, but it can be a big one for some players.

The guitar was set up very well and I had no problems when I got it. My guitar teacher adjusted a few things he thought could improve the overall sound and comfortability in playing it, but overall I didn't notice too much difference. The pickups were fine, I've had no problem with them. The guitar had no flaws when I got it, its been banged about accidentally a few times, detached from my strap and hit the floor on occasion, but everything stays in good condition throughout these slight mishaps. I have my guitar in black and it's a great looking cutaway guitar to boot, so I'm happy with it.

This guitar is an Acoustic-Electric guitar that I got in 2009. The guitar has 22 frets, and the sound quality is good even when playing in the higher fretted notes. The guitar is mahogany for the most part with a spruce top. The tuning heads are good but not great seeing as I always have a hard time tuning my B string, but that's the only one I have problems with (the tuning head just feels lose on that one I feel). The guitar came with a built in electronics from Ibanez and it has it's own tuner built in as well, but I found myself tuning with my normal tuner again after a while, the onboard tuner is not fantastic by any degree. The built in electronics are power by 2 AA batteries that can last the electronics for quite a while before swapping out. The fretboard is rosewood and I can not remember the strings that came on it since I always swap out for nanoweb elixer strings anyway.

kevinpaul
    I think the Ibanez AE10 E is a nice guitar. My son who is more in the know told e that he has an Ibanez likes it. I played many guitars that day and came home with the AE 10. I am not sorry I got it and like it. It sucks on standard tuning. But is a great blues guitar on open C. All of its' range come alive. I like it plugged in to my Vox. I do not like Made in China. They need to get thier head out of thier ass with the building of stuff. It is a keeper, if it burnt up I would not buy it again. I would start at point one.