AEL20E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AEL20E

Price paid: € 350

I play mostly metal and rock, and this thing suits well for playing these styles. I'm still playing the D'Addario strings that came with the guitar. Unplugged the guitar has a rich, bright sound and especially the low end notes sound cery nice. To put it simply, the AEL20 has killer tone when unplugged. Also plugged into an amp the B-Band pickup has nice sound, and the SRT preamp gives you good abilities to adjust your sound. The notch filter is a very nice feature with which you can easily change your tone completely.

This guitar's sound matched with it's look is a killer guitar for metal and rock. I've been playing guitar for 3 years now and I thought it was time for me to get my first acoustic. I don't' regret buying it and if it ever was stolen I'd definately buy another one. I totally love this guitar because of it's sound and look. When I was about buying an acuostic I compared this one to an Ibanez AEG model. I chose this one 'cause I thought it had better sound and was more comfortable to play on.

I haven't played this guitar Live yet, but I'm sure it will withstand Live playing for a long time. The hardware on this guitar is made to last. The only thing I have mentioned is that on the "pickup panel" one button is a bit loser than the other ones, but it will last, since it's in a quite secure area. The finish on the other hand is very good, and it won't wear off. I still haven't got even one scratch in it. I have already accidentally bumped the guitar into a table pretty hard, and it still didn't affect the finish.

When the guitar came out of the package for the first time and I tuned it up, the action was great. It still is. I don't know if it's true but I have a feeling that Ibanez always deliver their guitars set up properly and professionally. At least that's the impression I have got over my short years. The finish on the guitar is a dream, not a flaw, only a beautiful look. So basically I thought that everyting was well set up straight from the beginning.

This is my first acoustic guitar and I bought it in December 2008. With the guitar came also a gigbag and a strap. The guitar was made in China. It has 20 frets. The woods used in this guitar is: mahogany (neck), maple (back and sides) and flamed sycamore (top). The body is a cutaway style body and the finish I chose is transparent black cherry. The tuners are Ibanez's own tuners and with these the guitar stays in tune pretty well. The guitar looks very nice and is comfortable to play with.

deltacross
    ibanez acoustic cases are not very good for the money.. they are hardcases covered with tolex.. you can buy a decent gator hardcase which can also fit the guitar for about the same price or even less. it also has a better design since it is not wood covered with tolex, it's ABS plastic which lasts longer and protects the guitar better IMO..
    gtmom
    Sorry, but acoustic Ibanez guitars are known to be iffy. This one is made of plywood. I felt the need for that to be made clear to people considering this guitar. I can't believe so many people would like a plywood guitar when you can at least get a solid top for that much money. I've played these and they sound like toys. It's not good for the serious guitarist and certainly not a performance guitar.
    chemical genie
    TAOD4ever wrote: I have this guitar and the action sucks! The neck is so inconvienent and painful to navigate, the sound is good but the action is still awful.
    soooo y dont u try this take it to ur guitar center or what ever music shop u live near and get it set up (bridge filed down, neck adjusted, ect.) i dont have this exact model i have the ael50serlv witch is very similar but way sexier lol thats what i had done and i read about on other reviews people having the same problem (it sounding great but action shity) but once they got it set up it played like a dream. so thats all ya need to do only costs like 20-30 at the place i got it done anyway but of course i bought the guitar there two
    rockhammer53
    I paid $345 for the AEL20E in the Blue Burst and another $115 for the Ibanez case that fits like a glove. OMG what a beautiful sounding electroacoustic! I play it both unplugged and also through a Fender Super Champ XD and an Ibanez Tone Blaster 225. The Ibanez amp sounds wonderful in chorus mode with this guitar, the tuner and preamp are good quality and the workmanship is sweet. I've been playing for nearly 30 years and have played many, but this has the best bang for the buck.
    Gingrel
    I've got the AEL40SE and it plays like a dream, fantastic action, beautiful tone. If you're looking for an electro-acoustic, definitely try out the AEL series. Also, does anyone know what gauge the factory strings are on these babies??
    acousticstummer
    kennyvspenny wrote: this is a dreadnaught body. not one of the slimmer acoustic bodies more in line with an electric. either way it's a very solid guitar
    realdeal321
    I like my ibanez. I think the action is good. I have had it for three months and have had countless numbers of people tell me how much they like the way it sounds. My friends dad plays in a band and he tells me how much he likes it. I play it all the time. I use it to make up riffs all the time. For some reason, I just can't seem to write music on my les paul. Anyway, I think this is a very nice guitar, and I would replace it in an instant if it got stolen.
    TAOD4ever
    geetarguy1313
    hollowsoul666
    geetarguy1313 wrote: for christmas i got a nice ibanez RG sereis, and he got it from his friend, it has all titanium hardware, a sunburst oranbe body, and a blonde neck. on my profile it can be seen on my pic.
    nice guitar sad color but still nice
    rongold360
    I have an ibanez rg 2! 120 though, black hardware.
    rongold360
    I own one... its in my hands now... its incredible. Ide buy it again if anything happened to mine. (mines blue though.)
    BryanAdams
    I wanted to buy this guitar but when I tried at the shop, I didn't like. that action was sucks and the sound not as hoped. But I tried it unplugged I was putting high hopes on this guitar ... but still consider to buy it because I couldn't find better for that price