AEL40SE Review

9,032
review (1) pictures (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
AEL40SE Reviewed by: tubal, on april 15, 2013

Purchased from: Shop

Features: - Strings: 6 strings - Body Shape: Jumbo (Ibanez original AEL shape body the largest by Ibanez) - Cutaway: Yes - Construction / Acoustic: Partly Solid (front) - Frets: 20 - Colour / Finish: Natural - Finish: Matt - Top: Spruce - Back / Sides: Sycamore - Neck: Mahogany - Fretboard: Rosewood with wooden vine of life inlay. - Nut Width: 43 mm - Bridge: Rosewood - Tuning Machines: Ibanez Gold smooth tuner AS - Rosette: Abalone - Pickup Details: Ibanez SRT by B band - Pre-amp system: Ibanez SRTc - Controls: Chorus Button; Anti Feedback Control; Volume; EQ - Origin: China - Special Features: Balanced XLR and Unbalanced jack, on board tuner This guitar offers quite a variety of features for an acoustic guitar. The controls given are Volume, Notch Freq., Bass, Middle, Treble and a phase button. One of the best things about the guitar is it's looks. The natural matt finish and the wooden vine of life fretboard inlay catch your eyes. The noticeably large body also sets it apart from other acoustic guitars. // 9

Sound: This guitar sound AMAZING! One of the best sounding acoustic guitars I have heard both unplugged and plugged in. Because of it's large body the sound of your strings resonates loud and clear. I am using light gauge strings so it does sound distinctly bright. The style of music I play usually involves finger picking and strumming. It suits this style perfectly and it is also great for playing rhythm to accompany a singer. When you plug it in the sound can be adjusted to sound very rich and full or very bright. It is a very versatile instrument. The pickups work excellently and amplify the guitars acoustic sound well. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar feels and looks perfect. Definitely 10/10. It comes from the factory set with a set D'Addario EXP coated acoustic guitar strings. The action is amazingly low throughout the fretboard, it feels like you are playing a well set electric guitar. The neck is also very thin as compared to most acoustic guitars. This makes it very comfortable and easy to play. The gold tuners and wooden vine of life inlay compliment the natural finish beautifully (please look at the pictures). No flaws that I noticed. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable and I know that it will withstand live playing. Every piece of hardware is of excellent quality and it does not appear that anything will need replacing of any sort. The gold finish strap buttons are solid and firm. I feel that I can depend on this guitar because it feels and looks really solid. I would take it to a gig without a backup any day. The finish seems pretty strong and I think that it is good enough to last and it wont wear off with lots of playing. When you pick it up and feel the quality you are confident that it won't let you down. // 9

Overall Impression: I use the guitar to finger pick slow love songs and strum chords. This guitar allows me to do that in comfort and style. It also makes me sound a whole lot better lol. I am impressed by everything this guitar has to offer. The looks, feel and most importantly the sound. I have been playing guitar for about 5 years now and owned Yamaha's, Washburn's and others that do not come close to this guitar. If this guitar was stolen/lost I would buy another one in a heartbeat. I love everything about it. Like I said, the looks, feel and sound are more than I can ask for. The built in tuner is an added bonus that makes the guitar even better! I really love that wooden vine of life inlay and flamed finish on the back and sides. This could be the guitar I will ever buy. // 9

Comments