AES10E review by Ibanez

Ibanez: AES10E

Works with whatever Acoustic music I do, bit too bright for classical, but that's expected with any steel string guitar. Sounds pretty good, and for the price its about what you'd expect, a bit better if I do say so myself. Not great though. Also, because of the onboard electronics, and the wiring inside, its pretty quiet if its not amplified, just warning you.

Overall, it fits whatever Acoustic music you're playing. Its beautiful, and plays well enough. I still suggest playing as many acoustics as you can in your price range though. Pros - Durable - Decent tone - Sounds pretty good plugged in - On board tuner Cons - Electronics dampen the sound when you're playing just acoustically.

Pretty durable, I've banged it against walls and tables and there aren't any scratches or dings that I can see without really inspecting the thing. Strap buttons are extremely well put in, whole thing seems pretty reliable, I've used it for a small set, and it'd survive a whole gig without too much problems.

Like most guitars sold over $300, it seems to have been set up so that anyone can work with it before its adjusted to suit specific needs. Mine was good for me without adjusting the action or anything. I loved the strings that came with the guitar, but sadly, I couldn't find another pair of them, because the people at the store weren't sure what kind they were. Oh well. Didn't find any flaws with it except a few pick scratches. There's no pickguard on this thing, but because the finish is black, its barely noticable.

Ash body and rosewood fretboard/neck, pretty good tone. The finish is absolutely stunning, its just a beautful black/blue sunburst thing. The body has a single cutaway, allowing access to notes up to 19 fairly comfortably (compared to other acoustics) and up to 21 frets. Holds a tuning wonderfully, I can tune it once a week and it keeps it well unless there's a good temperature/humidity change.

christian1969
    I just bought this guitar at guitar center in A.C.NJ used for 225.00.It is almost pristine. I'm no expert by far but I love it and I just now found out (and can't believe) it's about five years old!