AW300 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/02/2004 category: Acoustic Guitars
Ibanez: AW300
The guitar was hand crafted and carefully assembled. It really looks great and the clear coat on top of it keeps pick marks very unoticable.
 9.2
 8.4
 6,320
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
AW300 Reviewed by: ebashnitzil, on november 02, 2004

Purchased from: Guitar Center in Springfield, NJ

Features: I'm not sure where it was crafted, but I believe all Art Woods (AW) are made in the US. The scale is 25. 5", 20 jumbo frets, rosewood fingerboard, abolone inlays, and the neck was I suppose a medium taper. The body is a dreadnought with a very durable and gentle bridge. The tuners are gold gilded and although I'm not sure which ones they are, they dont go out of tune. This guitar at my guitar center came with a hardshell case for an addition of 55 USD and a humidifier. // 10

Sound: For starters, this guitar is a classical beauty. She sounds so soft and brilliant, but the projection was very impressing. I put Ernie Ball Medium Light Earthwoods on this beauty and it was just wonderful. I plan on putting an accoustic pickup on this guitar and giging with accoustic. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was hand crafted and carefully assembled. I have had this guitar for about 2 years and I can tell the workmanship that went into it. The bridge was put in very nimble. The natural ash was very nicely finished over and has a very durable clear coat on it that really keeps my guitar beautiful. The pickguard is also very nice. It really looks great and the clear coat on top of it keeps pick marks very unoticable. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is built to last. She really would be nice live - I would give it a try (when I get an accoustic pickup). The bridge and tuners are very durable - I would depend on this guitar without a backup (as long as I don't drop it or anything). The finish is (as I said) a nice ash and the clear will keep it safe and sexy. // 10

Overall Impression: I play lots of classic rock (Zeppelin, AC/DC, Pink Floyd, The Doors, even Van Halen) to metal (Avenged Sevenfold, As I Lay Dying) and the accoustic fits the classic stylings of rock and other accoustic sensations beautifully. I have gone through numerous guitars and amps, and I will be buying a schecter s-1 (pimping it out) and a Peavey 5150 II full stack and although I may eat through electrics, this is the only accoustic I need. If this were stolen or lost, I'd buy it again (only maybe in a darker finish). I love the projection though. I have compared this guitar to about any 300 USD accoustic, and this was the best. Some Yamahas, Fenders, Epiphones, etc. - but she took the gold. I personally hate Ibanez electrics, but their accoustics are state of the art. But of course if I went pro I would have some fancy Gibson or something. Overall, this accoustic is a beautiful guitar, and I would suggest it to any accoustic artist. // 10

Comments