EW20ASE review by Ibanez

Ibanez: EW20ASE

It was setup at the shop already and sounded great right off the rack. I have owned it for a year now and, and finally have got around to writing this review. Owning it for a year, I have just become more attached to it, as its sound has only improved. All guitars could benefit from a setup (especially with a major string gauge chance ect, but the ones I played prior to purchasing mine all sounded pretty good with the factory setup.

I play all styles from classic rock to eighties, to classical, and flamenco. I also own Ibanez AS75TSB (great jazz, alternative box, but I am not in love with it as much as the EW), Fender Deluxe Players Strat, ESP LTD M1000 (good metal machine), 72 Harmony acoustic (unbelievable cheap Chinese rubbish, a far cry from the quality Ibanez is putting out with there new Chinese boxes). I compared a good deal before I purchase this last march, now that I have played it for a year, added another guitar to my collection since then, and play another host of acoustics in the process, I would jump off a building if this was lost or stolen. My only consolation is that it is mass produced Chinese, so I would be able to find a replacement without having to get a second mortgage on the house. I have goofed around on a few martins that are indefinitely superior to this(better components, materials, and hence better tone), but they all start in the 3k range, not the 300 range. A great value guitar, excellent choice for a beginner or intermediate player looking for a all around player that is not irreplaceable.

Now that I have owned this for a year, and being my primary choice for practicing, I can say this has held up well. I practice or noodle five days a week. I can't say this would hold up to performance and touring well, as I don't do that regularly, also I enjoy this guitar so much I treat it better than my others.

As mentioned above, the store had already set this up prior to purchase, I played a ton of them from GC and other local stores, all sounded great (and most were just from box to shelf like GC does) but having it setup for a slightly lower action made this particular guitar just sing. I spent two months shopping and trying out similar priced acoustics in by far this was the best value. All the EW20ASE I played were great even without a setup, the slim neck makes them feel more like an electric, it might be a good choice for a lady as the neck and relatively low action make it snap to play.

Chinese made 2006. The Chinese seem to have done what the Japanese did in the '80s to '90s. Which is turn the corner from making "cheap Toys" and "cheap low quality electronics" to making quality products. When was the last time you heard someone this decade say "I wouldn't own that cheap Sony Japanese HD TV. What a piece of crap that Samsung/Onkyo/ insert your favorites electronics manufacturer here, 1000W surround receiver is!" Acoustic Electric with a B-Band acoustic pickup with built in tuner. Included a hard case, extra set up strings. Very attractive guitar. The looks are what first attracted me, then I picked it up, played and became a believer.

DamoPlaysBass
    BlisteringDDj
    DamoPlaysBass wrote: I love Ibanez and hate it when people say that just because they're Japanese [in this case Chinese-built] they're crap, but, a perfect 10 is pretty hard to believe...
    StuntPenguin007
    Agreed - I have this guitar and its only downfall is that it is a little quiet unplugged, but its tone completely makes up for it. Oh and its hard to find the right case for it, at least around where I live.
    Circle
    I've been looking at this guitar for quite some time now, think I will be trying it out soon.. I like what I hear and see about it.
    qotsa1998
    I really like these guitars. Figured Ash acoustics are awesome. Ive played one of these a few times, and they sound much different than a normal Spruce and Mahogany acoustic.
    electric7
    Ibanez FTW! My Ar300 is a beautiful guitar. However, this guitar seems like it would be okay. The color is kinda weird... However, I'd have to try it for myself to really see.
    WishfulShredder
    have you guys ever played a Blueridge acoustic? they're medium-highish priced instruments and they sound AMAZING
    NorfIrIon
    It looks pretty, but I don't trust Ibanez quality control, I'd have to try this one out for myself to make a real judgement..
    midimcnasty
    Good point blistering, maybe I am just a little over enthusiastic 9.98. Stunt penguin, you are correct in that unplugged in a performance situation this might be a tad to quiet. But for the price, I feel like I stole this guitar.
    mrscary
    Igot the zebrawood one and its an awesome guitar so I went to get a 12 strings a week after
    DougM
    I just fell in love with it the moment I saw it, then I played it and well, I walked out the store a happy man. Besides the fact that the salesman priced it at the straight acoustic price, saved me about 100 bucks.
    pwninator123
    SL!!! wrote: Am i the only one who just does not really like acoustic-electric? I love electric guitars, i love acoustic guitars, but i just don't acoustic-electrics ever give a very good sound compared to a fully acoustic.
    I agree, I actually got one just like this but Acoustic
    oggiedoggy
    To go along with my currently pending review -Onboard tuner +++ -Easy battery changing +++ just remembered
    SL!!!