EWC30ASE review by Ibanez

Ibanez: EWC30ASE

Purchased from: Zuhal Music

I have a kind of classic rock/ acoustic sound in my music and the guitar fits it very well. The sound is very clear and sharp (but not too sharp). It has a great rich sound but occasionally the A string creates a kind of buzzing sound when played open. It will fit almost all music styles I play, and I'm sure it will do the same for you.

Put short the guitar is great guitar for beginners or professionals and can be counted on to follow through. I got it a couple months ago and since then it has added a great sound to my playing. Finish is great, sound is great and it's just a great guitar!

I've played it pretty hard and it has served me well with no breakdown or anything, but if you play the A string independantly hard you will hear a buzz acoustic, but when it's plugged in it doesnt't buzz (through the amp). The hardware is solid but you might have to take a minute or two to understand the tuner as it can get kind of confusing. But like the rest of the electronics it's solid. The strap lock/buttons have a kind of mushroom head set up and with not let your guitar fall unless your using a really cheap strap. The guitar can stand it's own and live the rough travel nicely. The finish of the guitar is one of my favorite things about the guitar since it doesnt't scrach (or at least you can't see it). Unlike a classical guitar I hard which showed the scratches of playing in the gloss whereas this guitar is scratchless. It doesnt't wear off or anything, it stays.

When I got the guitar the action was pretty high but it doesn't hinder my playing at all, it sounds just as great. But when you're playing on the 20th fret you're gonna be pushing down a good half a centimeter or so. The insides of the guitar were very well put together, I couldnt see any loose wires unlike many guitars I've seen.

When I first saw this guitar it stood out from all the other acoustic guitars. With the unique EW cutaway, Figured Ash body, and Rosewood Fretboard it is definitely a winner. The guitar is a very recently designed guitar made in 2006/2007 in China. It has 20 usable frets and fret markers on the top of the guitar which lets you see them but the fans don't, which adds to it's great appearance. There is however a 12th fret inlay the likes of which you will never see. The neck is fairly thin and feels great while your playing or rockin out. It does not scratch or ding easily with Natural Resonant Low Gloss Finish which gives the guitar a very smooth feel and great sound. The electronics are excellent with a B-Band UST Pickup and Ibanez SRTn Preamp with Notch Filter and Onboard Tuner. It has five controls, 2 buttons and a Ibanez Chrome Die-Cast Tuner, the five controls being: Bass, Middle, Treble, Volume and Notch Freq. The two buttons are for turning the tuner on and off and the other for phase. It also has Balanced and XLR Outputs. The place I bought it from proved me with a very thin gig bag, a cheap strap, 1/4" cable, 4 nice picks, and a straplock.

brian_s
    Xeus wrote: EmancipatedSoul wrote: I get to play that guitar at work. every day I love my job... i hate you
    I hate him too! Bastard!
    Phoenix9
    I'm looking forward to mine arriving in a week. i have an Ibanez AES20 and the pick up system completely broke down with no way of fixing it. But I love the guitar itself for it's playability and sound so I'm going to cross my fingers and hope the pickup system on the EW series is better. I've been playing for 30 years, average two gigs a week.
    Asenath83
    This guitar looks interesting and maybe playable even with my midget hands. I currently have a semi-acoustic guitar and wonder whether it would be worth getting this one for a more acoustic sound? Any comments on the unplugged sound besides the buzz on the A-sring?
    synaptotagmin
    I'm interested in checking this out. I know the EWC30 series guitars are smaller than the EW20s. Do the EWC30 have a shorter scale than the full size EW20s, or is the difference restricted to body size and thickness? Also I've seen some complaints about the action being too high. Any comments across the reader group? I've got an older Ibanez RG760 which has been a great instrument. Any comments on the longevity of Ibanez acoustics? Thanks.
    flaminhotcheeto
    I got this acoustic this summer and i love it. Mine is Quilted Maple and it sounds AMAZING! I would definitly recommend this guitar to... anyone really
    oggiedoggy
    I also have one of the "30" series, not sure of its exact name anymore but it is high quality...full sound...highly recommended
    Cactus Jumper
    sry im german so we call it e-acoustic and acoustic guitar, so were making there kind of a difference.
    Cactus Jumper
    yeha im gonna get thix guitar in 2 weeks with cordia wood im really looking forward to hold that thing in my hands never played a better e-acustic guitar for 350 bucks
    Cichlidae
    I purchased almost the same Ibanez guitar about 10 months ago. Mine is a jumbo style body and is a traditional acoustic. But other than that it is the same exotic wood ash series featured here. I absolutely love it. The tone is wonderful, with the jumbo body style you get even more wonderful rich deep tones out of the light ash wood, and the highs are crisp and bright. I would absolutely recommend this guitar for an enthusiast who wants something a little different
    Aziraphale
    Ibanez should get more attention for their acoustics, they are absolutely ace for great prices.
    qotsa1998
    i love Ash guitars. Fender has one for about $250, and theirs a cheaper, jumbo-bodied guitar like this. its cheaper, about $300 or so. it sounds alot different than mahogany and spruce guitars. Alot punchier lows, and the highs come off punchy and not as bright as with normal acoustics. sounds rather processed, but still very natural.
    EmancipatedSoul
    I love you too... but seriously, apart from looks, this guitar has such a rich and full sound.. its amazing really
    Cobalt Blue
    I don't like the colour, looks like somebody puked some wood chips. might be worth a try though.
    Xeus
    i hate you
    mwollike
    Just got the ewc30PDE. Amazing guitar, crystal clear and loud sound. Never imagined to get a 1000$ sound to one third of the price. And it also have great electronics.