IJV50 Jumpstart review by Ibanez

Ibanez: IJV50 Jumpstart

Purchased from: Sam Ash

I like metal, but an acoustic is a great way to get started. So I can't really give this a bad rating. It sounds like an acoustic should sound and for what it costs now $99, it sounds pretty good. There is no fret buzz or anything. Replace the strings with some Martin Phosphor Bronze lights (.012s) and you have a keeper for sure.

I play most types of rock so this guitar is a good match. I've been playing for a year and it's kept me entertained. If it were stolen I would buy it again. So the guitar itself is nice except for some part of the finish will wear off with a couple of bumps. The strings should be changed if you want to give it a more life to it. The gigbag is alright but I would suggest one with padding. And the tuner is only good if like playing in standard tuning. It's a starter guitar so think about this one if your getting into guitar.

This guitar will withstand playing Live, the strap button is solid, I can depend on it, and I would use it in a gig without backup. I've had this guitar for almost a year now, I should know. The finish will last on the front but I'm not sure about the dark red finish on the rest of the body since I let it drop a couple of times on the neck and it's wearing off.

The action was a little too high for me, but that's just me. This guitar had no finish flaws but the tuning peg for the bottom E string was loose or got loose, so just take a screw driver and tighten it up. I've had no other problems since then.

I got this guitar as a Christmas present in 2005. It has 20-21 frets (the 21st one doesn't count since you can't really fret it). It has a laminated top. The body is made of Agathis and the neck from rosewood. It has a natural looking finish and the back has a dark red color. The body style is that of a dreadnought. It comes with a gig bag, a strap, a tuner, a smaller bag, a set of medium picks (.71mm), and some tools and a couple of replacement parts. Also comes with a DVD which features Paul Gilbert. You get the DVD online though.

GTB24
    ive already got an ibanez iceman icx and a ibanez gio bass so iwas looking for an ibanez acoustic to get as well do u think i should buy this or a more expensive one i play grade 4-5 stuff and a bit of metallica iron maiden heavy metal but i like acoustic rock aswell
    odsy14
    i got this guitar and its awesome. i got the solid top one tho. you can deff hear the difference when you play, although it was $50 bucks more.. but it is better
    3HitKO
    I had this guitar and I learned some Bob Dylan, Joan Baez, and Joni Mitchell songs on it. However, my sister stepped on the headstock and broke it. I SERIOUSLY miss this guitar because it was my crown jewel in my acoustics collection.