IJV50 Jumpstart review by Ibanez

Ibanez: IJV50 Jumpstart

Purchased from: Guitar teacher

I play a range of music but mainly rock music anything from surf to metal but find that this is great when I play pop/rock (Oasis, Beautiful South, Snow Patrol etc) and Country music (Kenny Rodgers, Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash). It sounds great for the price bracket and I can't complain at all about this guitar.

My summary for this guitar is that it is pretty inexpensive to buy and you do get alot for your money. Brand new it is probably around 90-100 tops, its well worth the money for a beginners acoustic. I must be honest I play alot on my electrics but wanted an acoustic for unplugged songs and I am so glad that I got a good one especially for the money I paid. Its much easier to pick up and play than an electric but you can leave it around the house and just pick it up and play (no leads, no amps, no fuss). I would seriously recommend this to anyone thinking on buying a budget acoustic and its much better than all the encores and other cheapo's for sale.

As your not really rocking out with an acoustic I believe it is good enough to gig with but I would take a back up because not to would be crazy right?. I think the guitar would stand the test of time and I see no problem with it so far, also the strap buttons never let me down so far.

The action as someone as already said was a little high so I sanded down the saddle and now its perfect and a joy to play. There were no flaws with the finish on the whole guitar which I thought was fantastic for the price. I did change the strings on it straight away to D'Addario strings so I can't review the stock strings.

The guitar is made in Japan in 2008. It has 20 frets on a rosewood fretboard with pearl dot inlays and has 6 strings. It as a laminated spruce top and agathis body, and headstock. The shape of the guitar is a dreadnought so is quite large to hold. The finish is natural and the bridge is standard. The tuning pegs are spade head shape tuners (I think). The guitar comes with a gig bag, tuner, guitar strap, picks and a small carry bag for the accessories.