PC25ECEWC Review

3.7
 7.4
review (1) pictures (1) user comments vote for this gear:
PC25ECEWC Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 24, 2011

Purchased from: Matts Music Center (online)

Features: This guitar comes equipped with bass, treble, and master volume control as well as a built in tuner. The store I bought it from also sold me a free hard shell case to go along with it. The body is thin enough but not too thin, and the cutaway provides easy access to higher up frets. There are bass, treble, and master volume adjustments on the electronics of the guitar. Also the guitar needs to be plugged into a cable for the tuner to turn on. // 8

Sound: Overall, this guitar has a bright, pure, awesome sound. I prefer to have the base setting low and the treble high, and that usually provides for an excellent result. My syle of music for Acoustic is classical music and just playing songs with open chords and such. This guitar fits it's purpose perfectly. Any time you play a series of notes or just one note, every sound is brought out sharply and clean. I don't even use an Acoustic amp, I just use my Fender Fm 212 DSP, and it sounds great. Good quality Acoustic electric. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The low E string did buzz when it got to me, but that was nothing a quick adjustment, time, and use couldnt fix. Also the lower strap holder was a little too wide to hold a strap because the cable plugs in through it, but that could be resolved by trimming your strap. Other than that, everything was delivered fine and in tact. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is from a rating between 1 and 10, probably a 7. It wasn't too expensive where I got it so it's not like it will last forever, but I believe it is durable enough to survive a long enough time. I would be confident enough to take it to a gig without a backup. Also you can't be crazy with it, because like I mentioned earlier, the lower strap holder isn't very stable. // 7

Overall Impression: Overall, I wanted a fairly priced, decent, good looking guitar, and this fitted my needs perfectly. It even came with a free hard shell case. After I made some adjustments, it played, felt, sounded, and looked amazing. This is just the Acoustic electric that I was looking for. I love this guitar. Sure it has it's flaws, but "customizing" and working with your guitar is part of your guitars personality. Thumbs up for Ibanez! // 7

Comments