PF6 review by Ibanez

My friends have picked this up and played it, then commented on how much better it sounds than their guitars that they paid twice as much for. It projects extrememly well and won't get drowned out very easily. Surprisingly exceptional sound considering the relatively cheap body construction.

When I went to buy this guitar, I bought it solely on the Ibanez name, the price, and the salesman's reputation. However, now that I know a lot more about guitars, if I had the same amount of money to spend, I'd still buy the same thing. It's great for playing anything from campfire songs to harder stuff. I've played my friend's Fender acoustic (not sure what model) and although his was a little easier to play, the Ibanez PF sounds better. It looks nice, although plain. Overall, it's an excellent starter guitar or road guitar.

It only has the one strap button, like most acoustics, but that one isn't going anywhere. The tuners and bridge are still in great shape after some heavy playing. The finish isn't bad. It scratches and dents fairly easily, but it doesn't affect the sound at all. Just don't go banging it into walls or dropping pitch pipes on it and you'll be fine.

The guitar was well set up except that the action was a little high. That would have been awfully messy to adjust on this guitar so I just dealt with it. This being my first guitar, it caused me a lot of pain for the first few weeks. Now however, I can play just about anything because I'm used to it. It shouldn't cause problems for any experienced players though, since it's not that bad.

This is your basic low-end acoustic guitar. Not sure when or where it was made. It has twenty-one frets and a laminated spruce top. The neck, back, and sides are mahogany. Gold-plated tuners are a nice touch, and although they are cheap, they do their job well. Standard dreadnought body. Didn't come with any accessories.

Master Yogurt
    I have the PF6-NT, and it's a great guitar. The sound is extremely rich and full, the action on mine is good (though when my dad bought it a few years ago he filed it down, so that's a little biased), the overall look is simply nice, and it's just a great guitar to play. For the price, nothing in the range can beat it, though you can get a better Ibanez for a little more.
    missroserose
    I picked up one of these at a yard sale for $100 because I wanted to start playing guitar but didn't have a lot of cash to drop. I didn't know shit about guitars (still don't, really), but the girl played it a bit and it sounded pretty good, so I took the leap. Glad I did, too - I grew up listening to my mother's incredibly-expensive Guild, and it sounds almost as good! I'm really enjoying learning on it.